Lidl parking

That would require a failure of both the outgoing capture on the first day and the incoming capture on the second, which would be a very low probability event.

Reply to
Nightjar

It happened to us.

They might simply have ignored/not noticed the incoming capture. I don't know what the accuracy of such ANPR systems is, but they must have a certain failure rate due to being blocked such as by taller vehicles, heavy rain or snow, or obscuring of plates even by a leaf.

Reply to
polygonum

Sounds a good reason not to move to London :-)

I like living in the sticks where nothing much happens, where there are no car parking charges, no large supermarkets, no traffic lights, no roundabouts, no belisha beacons ...

Reply to
News

Money?

Collingham train station has recently built a car park due to the numbers of cars parked on the country road next to the station[1].

The car park is empty as everyone still parks on the road as they do not like to pay for the parking.

[1] I did a very nice LED car park lighting job there:-)
Reply to
ARW

At one of the ones I use, you have to enter your number into a console in store, but only if you parked for over 90 minutes, IIRC.

It's easy walking distance so I only drive if I'm going back collect something which is too big to carry home, which is going to be 10 minutes tops, but I do still type my number in.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Considering the way many motorists leave their cars parked I would not be so sure about that.

Reply to
ARW

Ok. I'll drive for an hour or more to Lakeside. No parking restrictions there.

Do you enjoy cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There is such at setup at the Beehive Centre in Cambridge (big Asda and other stores). 3 hrs free parking

Generally works fine, and I have no problem with it - otherwise everyone would use it to park in all day and go into central cambridge.

But it did c*ck up with a friend of mine. They went in and out in the morning, and then went back in and out in the afternoon.

I can't remember if the recording system failed or it was a software error - but it recorded here as being there all day

Reply to
Chris French

Surely not in that vast country you are so proud of?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd expect so. When I were a lad in the '50s, it was far less common for women to drive - even if there was a family car, which again wasn't everyone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I will be at work if they call in the daytime. I wonder if I should leave a note on the door with my mobile number (a new PAYG number not my number) and see if s/he calls that? The CCTV would pick up the conversation if they called.

Reply to
ARW

As it was here too, when they first arrived. The smaller local stores came later.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why would you want a car park at a train station? If you have a car, why not use it for the whole journey?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If I'd had to enter the number myself, this tread wouldn't exist.

The till person who should have was rather more interested in flirting with the lad on the next one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not a good assumption IMHO as this is a thread you started and you were a Lidl customer:;)

Reply to
ARW

Very true. ;-)

Perhaps the till person thought I looked too poor to own a car?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

my mother got her driving licence in the 1920s - no test, but you did need one for an International Driving Licnce.

Reply to
charles

'cos there's nowhere to park at the other end. And, if you work in London, the train gets you there quite a bit faster.

Reply to
charles

Or bad programming. Counting only the first in and the last out.

Reply to
DJC

You could also get a driving licence during WW2 with no test. A pal of my mother's had done just this - and it showed. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)