Lidl parking

Yes. The Lidl car park at Clapham Junction isn't as big as many of their others - and before the scheme could be difficult to get a space.

I've no complaint about that - merely this company expecting me to provide the proof I shopped when I said I did, when Lidl obviously already know this.

Not everyone has the facilities to scan a receipt and email it to them - and indeed plenty won't have kept a receipt anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not at Clapham Junction. They use ASDA.

I don't buy fresh food at Lidl. But they are very good for many other things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I assumed Adrian meant the customers?

In general, Lidl staff seem a happier lot than Tesco. I'd guess because the company values them more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well their hq appears to be moving from Wimbledon to Tolworth if they get around to building their Lego monstrosity. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

The knuckle dragging fuckwits that use my local Lidl/Aldi fill the car parks with their Chelsea tractors and can be heard to say how down-market the shop is as they pile their trolleys high.

Reply to
alan_m

Most of the local hospitals use this sort of system these days, but what throws a lot of them is blind people with blue badges, as we can turn up in almost any car, so their cunning plan to ally a car number with a badge won't work. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Or here

Reply to
stuart noble

Nothing will and there's no need to respond any further. It's a fairly fundamental principle of civil litigation that you aren't obliged to do the other side's homework for them. Just keep the evidence in case they're stupid enough to make a claim in court but they won't. Their procedure is likely to fire off a couple of letters to try and flush the really nervous types out and earn a few quid and give up on anyone else.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Why don't they just read the number going in and the number going out, which is what my local Lidl does?

Reply to
Nightjar

Because that doesn't stop people parking at lidl while shopping elsewhere?

Reply to
Andy Burns

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 18:13:08 +0100, Nightjar > The Lidl branch I most use is at Clapham Junction. They have number

Probably because even short-term minutes parking near Clapham Junction is at an expensive premium, and if the store want to provide it free to their customers, they want to ensure their customers aren't blocked out of all spaces by non-customers...

Reply to
Adrian

Not Tolworth Towers?

I lived in Tolworth - for the first year of my life anyway.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tunbridge Wells is getting an Aldi - not far from the station (well right next to, if you include Tunbridge Wells West station!).

Although it's not somewhere I'm likely to do my regular shop[1] I'm expecting to go and sample their more interesting items...

[1] I could be persuaded, but we'll have to see...
Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm not being horrible, but it seems to me that most of these parking problems happen in the south. We have never ever had problems parking in supermarket car parks in the north. Even if we won ?40M we would never move to the south. See, I've not been horrible.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

But they can (and do) insist only disabled tax cars are valid ... certainly Birmingham Town Hall does ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Dangerous advice, post Beavis. *Probably* what would happen. But the courts have allowed it now.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Well, since it's unlikely the blind person will be driving, there's not a great issue with the sighted driver dropping the blind passenger somewhere convenient, then parking elsewhere, before returning to their passenger.

A driver with very reduced mobility, otoh, that might be a big issue.

Reply to
Adrian

My local Lidl, which takes numbers, allows 1½ hours free parking. This allows you to go other shops, or the bank, after you have done your Lidl shopping

Reply to
charles

The customers also seem happier!

Reply to