Laminate Flooring

The expanse of laminate flooring in the kitchen is wearing quite quickly - under the kitchen table and chairs, so what can I apply to it to maintain and improve is wearability...

... other then replacing it as that really isn't an option at the moment.

Varnish / stain / other product... and I am putting the felt tabs onto the underside of the legs of the tables and chairs...

Any *helpful* advice would be gratefully received.

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Steve Bilton

A large commercial door mat or two?

I use a floortex mat on my laminate floor in front of the cooker and sink to protect the floor. Looks right and does not slip. Saved a lot of grief when some one dropped a too hot to hold pan on it

Tony

Reply to
TMC

A RUG.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I put some down a couple of years ago. So far its wearing fine but we had an unexpected result - for the first couple of weeks our labrador slipped all over the place. She resorted to leaping from the door onto the rug in front of the sink. Good idea except the rug then shot across the floor and she fell off it. Folowed by frantic scrabbling about trying to stand up on the slippery surface. In the end she gave up and didn't enter the room unitl the initial slip factor faded. I think there must have been some kind of silicone polish applied when it was made. Sorry its not particularly helpful

Reply to
cynic