laminate flooring

I am installing laminate flooring in my work / landuary room. Since it is a floating floor system,the question I have ...is it ok to place a washer and dryer on the laminate flooring ? Will the floor move with the washer/dryer? Should I nail it to the concrete floor under the applances?

Thanks for any help Ed

Reply to
Ed Kaz

Laminate flooring can refer to many different kinds of flooring. I suggest you check with the manufacturer

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The floor will float with the appliances on it. Don't nail it or it will buckle at the seams.

Make sure you use a good vapor barrier if directly over concrete.

Because of the humidity and opportunity for standing water in a laundry room - laminate may not be the best choice.

I would recommend, vinyl or ceramic tile.

Reply to
Hogwild

"Ed Kaz" wrote

Never install laminate flooring in an area that has an open floor drain. This may or may not apply to your situation.

Also, never nail a floating floor, that's a sure way to get buckling.

It is fine to set washer/dryer on a floating floor.

Reply to
Moisés Nacio

I have installed 3/4" wax coated wood subfloor with plastic channel on bottom (over concrete).This lets water flow to any drain and keeps moisture from concrete. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Ed Kaz

In one of my workshops is the floor drain.

I levelled the subfloor 3 inches above the concrete.

I routered out a hole over the drain and secured a grill to the laminate.

If I need access to the drain - its there.

Reply to
Hogwild

We installed Mannington laminate click flooring at my parent's townhome in the laundry room (and other rooms including bath and kitchen) and it is doing great. Only quibble is dryer can be easily moved if someone leans on it. Front load washer which is known to tend to vibrate does well on the floating clicked together floor.

Reply to
Art