Ladders revisited.

Hi All
Thanks for the posts on ladder safety. I bought a Wickes stand off made by Youngmans for £15 (on offer) and it's made a huge difference to my feelings about stability.
Used it today clearing some gutters and it made life much easier & safer.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

What about feet widner makes shinning up the ladder a doddle when you get the wobblies.?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Add pictures here
βœ–

It did have the retaining spring to clip on a rung I hope? I've seen them in Wickes with the spring missing.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Add pictures here
βœ–
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

While the spring is necessary, it does "block" one rung ...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Yes it did. I made a point of looking after your post mentioned it. Thanks for that.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

So you're up as far as the gutter then? Need must :-) I sometimes find it useful to extend the width by taping on a length of 2 x 2. Means you can work directly above windows etc without the ladder touching the glass
Add pictures here
βœ–

Was the offer only in your local store or did it look 'nationwide'? I could do with one but don't really want to make a special trip just on a wild goose chase.
Cheers
John
Add pictures here
βœ–
John wrote:

Its in the Wickes 'Great Gear Great Prices' offers booklet which is valid 7th Aug to 8th Oct so it must be national.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Thanks, I was passing close by to a Wickes today and called in and got one (with spring!). I have wanted one for ages but thought £25 a bit steep but at £15 couldn't pass it up.
Cheers for the tip off.
John
Add pictures here
βœ–