Maplin ladder offer

FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including the work platform, @ £49:99

The Medway Handyman

it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even their 'seconds' are overpriced.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maplin? Ah, I remember when they were an electronics supply company, and all this was fields....

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

+1 and LOL
Reply to
Bob Eager

I looked at these and thought they looked a bit flimsy. The slightly more substantial jobbies from Screwfix and Macro for about a ton are OK for DIY duty. (I borrow one occasionally, havn't got round to getting one of my own)

changing the subject, has anyone tried one of the Maplin "telescopic" ladders which come up from time to time? The idea of a 3.8 metre ladder which folds up quite small and fits in a car boot is quite attractive.

Reply to
Newshound

I've not used one but I have seen them in use and they flex quite a bit even without being at full length. No where near as rigid as a proper ladder or the step ladders that can be staightened out.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Both to the same BS spec though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The problem with these stores that now get onto bigh highstreets is the huge overheads that gives the company. Hence its hard to make low prices unless the stuff is bought at a ridiculously low price in the first place.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

defunct) Netto:

mike

Remind me why Wickes was such a good idea when I asked for advice last month...

Ah well. Such is life.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

you TMH- just ordered one, last one got lost/stolen depending on who you ask... Me or my dad!

Reply to
Dean Heighington

> --

Mine arrived this afternoon. Very pleased with it. Baz

Reply to
Baz

Thanks TMH - I've bought one and it looks pretty good to me. Certainly wouldn't describe it as flimsy; if anything it's a bit on the 'substantial' side for my requirements, as my need was primarily as a replacement for a lightweight step ladder (thought it would be easier to cart around in the car, which I do quite a lot, being shorter overall than a conventional step ladder.

For me, the only thing missing is a platform of some sort at the apex to stand your tin of paint on: will have to knock up something myself.

David

Reply to
Lobster