Installing a UPVC window upside-down...

Hi friends,
I would like to install a UPVC window upside-down. It is this style of wind ow: http://wickes.scene7.com/is/image/travisperkins/E1173_113061_00 ?$normal$
I want to install it so that the opening section is at the bottom. I'm gues sing that I simply need to unscrew the hinges, and then screw them back on in a new position. The mushroom keeps would also need screwing onto the opp osite side of the opening, so that they will be at the bottom when the wind ow is installed. (It has this type of shootbolt espag mechanism):
http://tinyurl.com/ydy5ydeg
Am I missing anything? Any tips on repositioning the hinges, etc?
Many thanks,
Al-T

surely, if you rotate the opener within the frame, the side locking mechanism will move in the wrong direction?
so you need to keep the opener in the same orientation, and move the handle and that half of the hinges as well
Frankly I think it's a fools errand you are trying and you should get someone to make you a window that's constructed as you require
On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 12:37:12 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:

$

om

le

Hi Tim, Thanks - but there is no side locking mechanism - only the horizontal espag bar shown in my link. I've had another look, and I still can't foresee any issues in simply switching the position of the hings and the mushroom keep s. But I could be wrong. I'll also need to drill new drain holes, of course .
Al-T
On 01/08/17 12:36, tim... wrote:

Agree - most uPVC windows are custom built to order, so whilst no standard, I am sure someone could make what the OP wants.
Al-T wrote:

You'll probably need to drill some extra weep-holes at the new bottom.
On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 7:04:32 PM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Thanks Andy, Yes indeed; I did that. I now have the window inverted, and the opening section is working fine as I had hoped.
Al-T