Installing shower mixer upside down

I have an external shower mixer I have just replaced. The pipework has the hot on the right, but the mixer requires it on the left. As a temporary fix, I have installed the mixer upside down, so the outlet to the flexible hose comes out of the top.

It seems to work okay, but I just want to check that there's no awful gotcha that I've missed?

I can cross the two pipes over, although it won't improve the looks too much.

Reply to
GB

Both showers I have fitted allowed reversing the cartridge to swap the hot/cold intakes, does yours allow that?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a Triton Naro bar valve, and there's no mention of that in the installation leaflet.

Reply to
GB

Which says, "The hot water pipe entry MUST be made to the left-hand side inlet, marked HOT, ?H? or with a red/orange label."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Mine, not a Triton, has hot on the left too.

Reply to
Fredxx

With a bar design, difficult to allow for it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , GB writes

I have a similar situation. Tested with a hose pipe connected and it didn't seem to mind but I've never got round to fitting it. I'll be interested to see the responses.

Reply to
bert

I ran one like that for years with no problem. I just rant the flexi via a clip so as not to kink it.

Shower was installed as a fixed overhead job but STWNFI didn't like it hence changing to flexi.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike