If not Dydon or Gtech, then which cordless cleaner?

Hi all,
We need a cordless cleaner to replace the Dyson V6 Animal that daughter bought us and we leant her a while back. She is very happy with the convenience and performance (as we were before we 'lost it'). ;-)
We recently got a Gtech Mk2 K9 combo for Mum and she too is very happy with the convenience and performance.
I seem to remember others here suggesting other makes / models of cordless cleaner that they were very happy with and were presumably cheaper than the Dyson / Gtech offerings and would be equally capable and easy to get spares for if required?
For us it would need to be good for the car / stairs (small handheld formal) and quick runs over the floors etc.
We still have the Henry / Miele for building cleanup and 'full' cleaning jobs.
Cheers, T i m
p.s. OOI, A mate recently bought a fairly expensive Vax multi-roller carpet washer / cleaner and it has failed fairly quickly, down to poor design (small plain metal bearings etc).
On Monday, 12 August 2019 11:57:09 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9
;-)
Owain
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 04:13:51 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

We had one and I can remember using / playing with it as a kid. ;-)
Ironically, it was the sort of thing that would have been given to my Mum as a 'present'.
Cheers, T i m
T i m wrote:

I have memories of being aged about seven and my Dad giving my Mum a shopping trolley as a Christmas present. Even then I thought it a bit odd.
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 08:37:27 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@mdfs.net wrote:

Thinking about it, was it any different to getting 'Dad' power tools for Xmyth or birthday?
Cheers, T i m

TBF, diy is more fun than grocery shopping.
--

Roger Hayter

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 23:30:32 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@hayter.org (Roger Hayter) wrote:

Well, true (I did some actual d-i-y with daughter tonight and we got quite a bit done), but if you do most of the cooking (as I do) then shopping for that is part of the deal. ;-)
Had to do a bit of hardware shopping on the way .. a few Fisher bolts and some brackets. That shelving unit isn't falling on anyone. We paid the same for the bolts and brackets as she paid for the full height, two bay, solid wood adjustable shelf system on eBay ... and now she's cleaned it up and repainted all the metal bits, it looks pretty good and should last a while. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 12/08/2019 11:57, T i m wrote:

Shark?
Can't comment on the cordless, sorry, but have a plug in one and it's very good despite only being about 600 watts.

Yeah, Shark was a brand I thought I'd heard mention here.

I guess if it was also light and compact (like the cordless models) it might still work (not so easy for the car etc).
Have you ever needed to get spares for it?
Cheers, T i m