Ideas wanted: cheap shed wall

I need to replace some asbestos-cement cladding on one side of a large shed that's currently used as a wood shed. The wall is about 12m long and 2.6m high and can only be seen from the neighbouring farmyard (and not from my property). It needs to be cheap and preferably at least part of it needs to be translucent or transparent. Ideas so far have included: polycarb twinwall, PVC corrugated, GRP corrugated, wood (shiplap, weatherboard, etc.)

... but I'd prefer to find something cheaper. What should I investigate?

Reply to
nothanks

Dig up some mud. Add a bit of straw. Make bricks. Draw something rude on the finished wall, so the farmer paints it for you.

Cheap enough?

Reply to
GB

the local auctions.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Two sheets of second-hand holey corrugated iron, with overlapped fertiliser bags between the layers.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The responses weren't as constructive as usual but, in case anyone else is looking at cladding a shed, it seems that 0.5mm box profile steel is about the cheapest way to do it. Roughly £6/m2 compared to about twice that for shiplap. Having used box profile on a roof recently I was impressed with how easy and quick it was to install (with tek screws and an impact driver) so hopefully the wall panels will be similar.

Reply to
nothanks

that's a long way from the cheapest. Maybe you don't read my posts.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

.. .some ;-)

Reply to
nothanks

Totally ignored my post, too. He couldn't do it cheaper than a cob wall.

"preferably at least part of it needs to be translucent or transparent"

- and I have yet to find any transparent steel (in the visible spectrum).

Some people are hard to satisfy. ;)

Reply to
GB

I value my time as well as my bank balance ;-)

Translucent GRP panels are available with the same 1000/32 profile as the steel panels.

Reply to
nothanks