Kitchen sinks and taps

so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,
surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other metal finish)
Does anyone sell white taps anymore?
like bugger they do
tim

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasn’t aged well. Just looks grubby now.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

As do the chrome ones if you don't descale them - *frequently*
However hard the white ones are to keep clean, the chrome ones are 10 times harder
tim
On 17/09/2018 15:21, tim... wrote:

The quality coloured ones are OK but I'm not sure you'll find those in the sheds. When we bought the current house, it had a brown sink and taps. Senior management hated it, plus we needed to swap the kitchen units around, so I replaced it, putting the brown sink in the garage. Its been there 20+ years- used for DIY type sink stuff*. The taps have stood up very well. While I clean them, not to 'kitchen standards', I'm pretty sure they would clean up almost like new. They must be some good make, I dread to think what getting spares will be like if they start leaking.
*paint, cleaning up after working on cars, clean up after making PCBs, ........
--

Smile for the camera ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ

On Monday, 17 September 2018 14:13:45 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

ks grubby

I discovered when washing paint-stripper off my hands that my white kitchen tap is painted.
Well, it was.
Owain
Tim+ wrote:

Same as white sinks.
On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 14:20:49 UTC+1, FMurtz wrote:

Mine comes up lovely with a bleachy cloth.
Owain
On 17/09/2018 14:09, tim... wrote:

Googling "white kitchen taps" produces quite a lot of results. Are all those out of stock? Admittedly, not very stylish, though.

Online perhaps
I am looking for something that I can pick up from a shed
Though there could be some available in store that aren't profiled in the kitchen catalogues.
Unfortunately, I don't have any stores that don't require me to go out of my way to reach them, so I don't go there just to view.

not much different from what's available in chrome.
Personally I don't want a swan neck tap, but that 80-% of what Wickes offer.
tim... wrote:

Mono mixer do? <https://screwfix.com/p/white-tap/2348T
local branch here has stock, so it's not an order and collect tomorrow job
On 17/09/18 14:20, tim... wrote:

John Lewis have a nice one: https://www.johnlewis.com/blanco-linus-single-lever-spray-kitchen-tap/crystal-white/p3485980
Probably a little more than you expect to pay though.
Richard wrote:

"Available to order"
On Monday, 17 September 2018 14:52:03 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

not that anyone would at that price

It's got one less digit than I thought it might have :-)
But you are right
I'm not in the market for a 500+ pound tap
200 is too much.
I said to the guy in Wickes today (I went back to revise my sink and tap choices) "It's a tap I'm buying, not a car"! (and he was in full agreement)
But whilst waiting for him to become free, I was looking at how the metal taps contrasted with the grey doors and worktops I had selected and decided that there was a reasonable match, even on a white sink.
So apart from changing it from chrome finish to brushed, for the sake of expediency I'll living with a metal tap.
Unless Howdens come up with a better offer (which I doubt they will be able to given their appliance options and stupid single shelf cupboards!)
tim
Surely you need colour contrast for health and safety reasons though. How about a black sink and yellow taps. Brian
--
----- --
On Monday, 17 September 2018 15:43:38 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

Interesting idea.
Maybe a white sink, white taps, and white crockery do contribute to the number of chipped bowls.
Owain