Kitchen sinks and taps

so, you fit a white ceramic or composite sink,

surely you want white taps (as I had previously), not chrome (or any other metal finish)

Does anyone sell white taps anymore?

like bugger they do

tim

Reply to
tim...

Our friends have a white mixer tap. It hasn?t aged well. Just looks grubby now.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Googling "white kitchen taps" produces quite a lot of results. Are all those out of stock? Admittedly, not very stylish, though.

Reply to
GB

Online perhaps

I am looking for something that I can pick up from a shed

Though there could be some available in store that aren't profiled in the kitchen catalogues.

Unfortunately, I don't have any stores that don't require me to go out of my way to reach them, so I don't go there just to view.

not much different from what's available in chrome.

Personally I don't want a swan neck tap, but that 80-% of what Wickes offer.

Reply to
tim...

As do the chrome ones if you don't descale them - *frequently*

However hard the white ones are to keep clean, the chrome ones are 10 times harder

tim

Reply to
tim...

Mono mixer do?

local branch here has stock, so it's not an order and collect tomorrow job

Reply to
Andy Burns

John Lewis have a nice one:

Probably a little more than you expect to pay though.

Reply to
Richard

"Available to order"

Reply to
Andy Burns

not that anyone would at that price

Reply to
tabbypurr

Surely you need colour contrast for health and safety reasons though. How about a black sink and yellow taps. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I discovered when washing paint-stripper off my hands that my white kitchen tap is painted.

Well, it was.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The quality coloured ones are OK but I'm not sure you'll find those in the sheds. When we bought the current house, it had a brown sink and taps. Senior management hated it, plus we needed to swap the kitchen units around, so I replaced it, putting the brown sink in the garage. Its been there 20+ years- used for DIY type sink stuff*. The taps have stood up very well. While I clean them, not to 'kitchen standards', I'm pretty sure they would clean up almost like new. They must be some good make, I dread to think what getting spares will be like if they start leaking.

*paint, cleaning up after working on cars, clean up after making PCBs, ........
Reply to
Brian Reay

Interesting idea.

Maybe a white sink, white taps, and white crockery do contribute to the number of chipped bowls.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Same as white sinks.

Reply to
FMurtz

Mine comes up lovely with a bleachy cloth.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It's got one less digit than I thought it might have :-)

But you are right

I'm not in the market for a 500+ pound tap

200 is too much.

I said to the guy in Wickes today (I went back to revise my sink and tap choices) "It's a tap I'm buying, not a car"! (and he was in full agreement)

But whilst waiting for him to become free, I was looking at how the metal taps contrasted with the grey doors and worktops I had selected and decided that there was a reasonable match, even on a white sink.

So apart from changing it from chrome finish to brushed, for the sake of expediency I'll living with a metal tap.

Unless Howdens come up with a better offer (which I doubt they will be able to given their appliance options and stupid single shelf cupboards!)

tim

Reply to
tim...