USB flexible cameras

I want a little camera to put through holes in floorboards, to check for leaking pipes and the like. USB, attached to the laptop should do the trick, but I have tried one before and it was pretty crappy with a very small depth of focus.

Can anyone recommend one that actually works well? Preferably not too expensive.

Reply to
GB

fwiw a small lens would change the focal field.

Reply to
tabbypurr

The issue with depth of focus is due to the low light level. to be small enough any leds that illuminate the scene are going to be very weedy. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There's no simple answer to this. I have several, they all have limitations. It is sometimes helpful to have a separate light source. It is very often more difficult than you expect to get a good angle of view on things. It's usually easier to get a "straight ahead" view than a "sideways" view. As you have found, if you start with high expectations you will be disappointed.

Reply to
newshound