Flo plast rest bend 2 types at screwfix why?

why are there two different flo past rest bends on screwfix £36.56

and £22.32
why does it say 'settlement' which should i buy for new toilet?

George

Reply to
George Miles

The geometries are different, the "settlement" one is designed to accommodate much more expansion in the vertical pipework; so more suitable for tall buildings.

Also, you could pick the one which best suits your site geometry.

Reply to
newshound

This assumes that the vertical stack is secured in more than one location vertically (where horizontals join).

The extra expansion one does seem to allow for a lot of movement.

The vent pipe in my 2-story semi is fixed so tightly to the trusses above the bathroom ceiling that when even small amounts of hot water are discharged it immediately starts 'ticking' as it expands and creaks past the bit of timber used to strap it to the truss.

Reply to
Andrew

Which you use I think depends on the ground conditions around your property. Where we lived before there was a new development which shortly after it was completed the residents noticed that there was a lot of settlement in the ground and it resulted in paths sinking and waste pipes separating. I suspect the first one where the term "settlement" is mentioned maybe to counter that possibility.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Buy a proper toilet. It would be awkward to shit into either of these.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

If ground settlement was that bad the waste could have to travel uphill resulting in frequent blockages.

Reply to
alan_m

Plausible, I think. You would hope that the house foundations would not move much, but your waste system may just run in trenches with a bit of stone at the bottom, so I guess they could "settle" especially on sites that have been "landscaped". Looks like there is scope for about 200mm there, far more than needed for thermal expansion.

Reply to
newshound

Traffic cone toilet ...

Andrew