Shower-flo

I'm well aware of the opinion of sani-flos in this newsgroup and elsewhere, but opinions seemed to suggest I might be safe with a shower-flo (no grinder, just a pump). We had one hooked up in the office when we installed a shower, which also serves the kitchen and bathroom sinks.

It has lasted two weeks, and now appears to be blocked. Fortunately some work is still being done, so I can just get the plumber back, but it doesn't bode well for the future.

Reply to
Nutkey

We had one for a downstairs wet-room. It used to get hair tangled up in the rubber valve. The problem was to clean it properly when it gummed up you needed to disconnect it, which involved undoing various jubilee clips etc and then mopping up the water which spilled everywhere. I guess a wet/dry vacuum might be helpful.

Not nice things at all.

Reply to
Jim

Sounds like one would be better off just using the wet-dry vacuum cleaner when one is showering and emptying afterwards!

Reply to
Scott M