Hot Tub FLO problem

Our hot tub is doing something that I need help with. The word FLO is on the display and the pump is not turning on. I have tried to adjust the pressure switch to no avail. Do these pressure swithces fail? I had it replaced last year but it seems odd that it would go already. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Reply to
bodz

One likely cause is that the relay contacts located on the motor end of the pump are sticking. You can often fix this by sharply rapping on the motor towards that end with something like the handle end of a large screw driver. Don't use a hammer! You don't want to crack the housing. If that frees up the contacts, then spray some contact cleaner/lube on the contacts and you should be okay. If you call in a tech, they will want to replace your whole pump for $BIGBUCKS$. It's not really necessary. If the contacts stick again after this treatment, you may need to take the motor to an electric motor repair shop to have the contacts replaced.

If you live in a cold climate, it's wise to check your tub at least every 24 hours to make sure that the systems are working. You sure wouldn't like what happens if the tub freezes!

Here's some tips copied from a hot tub website that probably don't exactly match your symptom, since your pump isn't running, but are good things to know anyway.

**************************************************** "FLO" appears on the control panel. It either appears on the control panel during start up or normal use OR it flashes alternatively with the temperature.

This indicates a water flow problem. Please check the following: ? Check "T" valves to makes sure they are completely open. The valve should be in the up position to indicate that it is open. ? Open hose spigot and release air to make sure pump is primed. ? Check water level. ? Check skimmer basket and door to make sure basket is all the way down so the skimmer door moves freely. ? Check the filters to see if they have been properly installed. ? Check filters to see if they are dirty. Dirty filters restrict water flow. ? Check pressure switch wire connection on both the water pump's pressure switch and on the circuit board. The electrician could have bumped the wire during installation.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor