Electric cars still a bit shite

Well you should be concentrating on your driving, not "seeing". I'd sooner get on a bus/taxi if it was that interesting. Or a plane if it wasn't.

Reply to
harryagain

Quite right. I get bored on a beach after twenty minutes or so.

Reply to
harryagain

A teenage phase. I got fed up with driving and took up flying. The question is, what next?

Reply to
harryagain

So why's it so weird looking? To distract from bollix idea? They went bust didn't they? And even when functioning, not renouned for high tech automotive engineering.

Here's another of their offerings if you want a good laugh.

harryagain

Heh heh. I hope the purchase price includes the cost of disposal. (If practical)

Reply to
harryagain

The kids couldn't get to school if it was more than 1/4 km away! Shopping couldn't be done if the shop was more than 25m away!

Reply to
harryagain

Thus totally negating any greenhouse gas reductions your lifestyle makes. Each flight within Europe generates about half a tonne of CO2

*per passenger*.

Hypocrite. Goiung by train generates about 10% of the CO2 of flying.

Reply to
John Williamson

Avoiding the congestion charge in central London?

Reply to
Martin Brown

so? if it only takes 5 seconds to stat the car, why would you need it to work longer? But in heavy traffic the restart is needed quite frequently.

Reply to
charles

You're telling lies again harry.

Nissan Leaf 1500 kg kerb weight Fiat 500 Twin Air 900 kg kerb weight.

Lotus Elise 725 kg kerb weight Tesla Roadster 1235kg kerb weight

Reply to
Steve Firth

I am not trying to. IO am merely saying that existing to9wns would collapse without motorised trapsottr.

Sheesh. Can peoiple not read?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You haven't thought this through Steve. Because the electricity used to charge the batteries is free, they don't weigh anything.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Far longer than I would choose to drive in one day and no allowance for breaks. Even when I was young, my maximum was 3 x 3 hour driving sessions with at least a 30 minute break between each.

I generally reckon that Liege or Troyes are where I will stop for the first night and anything further is going to need a second day's driving.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Thorium is an alpha emitter. You could wrap it in thick plastic for safe disposal.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Concentrating on driving requires that you are aware of all of your surroundings. However, on holiday seeing usually involves parking somewhere interesting and walking around.

Not many buses went where I did last holiday and the car is a lot cheaper than taxis.

I've given up flying if it is possible to drive there instead. It was different when I could fly myself, but airports are simply too much hassle these days.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It's not alone - but not to the same extent. Your starter doesn't need

10s of kilowatts for several seconds every time you slow down, which is what regenerative braking can provide. An electric car can, and must, make use of this energy.

Their problem is on a motorway when you don't brake.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

My wife is very good in that respect, four and a half-hour journeys are no problem. However when she was pregnant journeys consisted of stopping at each and every motorway services!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Some years ago I drove from Manchester to Portsmouth while towing; crossed to Caen and set off towards St. Malo (we couldn't get on the direct crossing). I'd deliberately not filled up again in the UK, as French diesel was a lot cheaper then. After a while I decided to fill up, only to find station after station shut. Luckily, by coming off the main roads and searching nearby towns, I managed to find a small garage run by a Muslim guy who'd decided to stay open. This was in the days when most French garages switched to unmanned, automated payment on bank holidays, but, as I found, could not accept non-French chipped cards. I was damned glad of the decent range of my car that day!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Well just keep accelerating then braking! Simples!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

There's this ridiculous macho thing about driving on and on all day long. It's daft.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright