electric cars and frosty roads

Crikey. one track lanes deer, pheasants and iffy drivers. Its about every couple of weeks for me

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

perhaps you're driving too fast for the conditions

Reply to
charles

If I didn't I'd never get anywhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I do, I just find it hard to stand back when folk mindlessly repeat falsehoods and misunderstandings about EVs.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

FFS, you really don?t listen or want to understand, do you?

It?s a fecking OPTION. A driver selectable choice.

Sometimes it?s a very useful option, sometimes it isn?t. Just because you can?t understand that doesn?t mean that it shouldn?t be available to EV drivers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Many delivery companies are switching to EV already. Change takes time though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Only trying to understand how they work.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

They are for a long journey on a motorway. OK for multiple short journeys in town traffic with occasional longer journey.

Reply to
bert

Aren't hey due to be banned from new sale at the same time as diesel/petrol?

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Is the correct answer.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

Wee bit out of the majority of people's price range.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

I'm getting really worried now. Twice in one thread I find myself in agreement with DP.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net>, Tim+ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

From what you say below he seems to be correct.

SO how often on a journey do you exercise this driver option typically. I can see each one being desirable in different circumstances. Do educate us oh wise one.

Reply to
bert

Thank you Frank. You have explained it clearly.

Reply to
bert

Don't they have ABS?

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org>, AnthonyL snipped-for-privacy@please.invalid writes

You didn't see what happened to George Russell when he did that in his Williams within sight of his first ever Gp points ?

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net>, Tim+ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Just because he disagrees doesn't mean he doesn't understand.

Reply to
bert

New petrols and diesels on sale until 2030, hybrids and plug-in hybrids on sale until 2035, unless they change their mind yet again, <cynic>maybe on the day before COP26?</cynic>

Andy Burns

Probably only applies to the actual brakes?

Reply to
Andy Burns

PHEVs can be sold until 2035 (my guess is that the date will be extended)

Reply to
nothanks