Download for Windows Live Mail Email Client

Not tried with hotmail accounts, but managed it ok with a google one.

ISTR they moved it from active development of new stuff to maintenance only a while back.

Reply to
John Rumm

As I run my own mailserver, if I want to use webmail, I use Roundcube.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I'm using Thunderbird as a poor replacement for Outlook Express which is also no longer available. My biggest moan is that Thunderbird keeps freezing and has to be closed and re opened regularly.

Plus I cant work out how to just delete newsgroup threads rather than archive them or how to block individuals.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

in a sense you cant delete a newgroup thread, just choose not to see it. IIRC CTRL K is a good start on that

To block individiuals use message->create filter from message

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I would be tempted to do a clean install of it then, since that is not a common behaviour.

Deleting - there are a few options. On more recent versions just hitting the delete key on a posting will remove it from your machine. Hitting K will kill a thread - next time you switch back to the group you have killed threads in, they will not be shown. Shift + K will kill just sub threads.

You can do much more with filters. Have a look at :

for some examples.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sadly on latest versions it is.

Worse is seems to be using a common core with firefox, so when won freezes, so does the other.

The last three incarnations of Fierfx and thunderbird are the most freeze/crash prone I have ever used.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or start by disabling all add-ons, as I've noticed some of the older ones can cause problems with recent thunderbird releases.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Perhaps this is something specific to the linux version? I have not been getting any additional reports of problems from the 200 odd desktops I manage running that combo under Windows...

Reply to
John Rumm