Door Security Guard

I'm looking for one of these. Not a beefy guy with his arms crossed but a metal latch thingy that is an alternative to a door security chain. They are called door security guards in the US - I used to have one on my apartment door there & you tend to get them on hotel room doors. In UK the preference seems to be for pathetic flimsy bath plug chains that snap off on a slight breeze (well, that's what happened to mine). Here's a photo of what I mean

google searches have led nowhere - if only I knew what they were called here. My neighbour has one that he insists he bought in B&Q but I've never seen one there and the staff look at me blankly when I ask. Which is pretty much how they always look anyway.

Reply to
AA

Cicero

> Cic.

If security + appearance are the criteria then I've had a Chubb door chain with dead bolt in a previous house - very good but pricey.

PeterK

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I remember searching screwfix a while back but didn't find it, strange because it does call it a door guard! Cheap too. The Chubb chain looks good too - hmm, decision time.

Reply to
AA