Door sercurity

A few tips for door sercurity Of all home security tips, one is more obvious than all the others ? keep your doors locked.Advice from locksmiths in leicester But obvious though i t is, there are a surprising amount of people who do not secure their doors . If you have top and bottom bolts on your door, use them. Likewise put the chain across, and then turn the key. Every little helps, and using all the locks available on your door makes life much harder for the would-be burgl ar. There a number of steps you can take to improve the security of your ex terior doors ? though it is highly recommended that when fitting new lock s you get assistance from your local locksmith. The MLA is recognised as th e leading locksmithing authority by, among others, the police and the home office. As well as being able to fit new locks, they will also be able to a dvise on the security options available to you. Night latch locks A night l atch lock on its own is by no means enough to keep your house secure. It is far too easy for a burglar to force open, and such inadequate protection c ompromises insurance policies. Rim locks A more effective preventative meas ure than the simple latch lock, but still not secure enough to guard your h ome against forced entry. A deadlock type rim lock will lock automatically to the outside when the door closes. It can ? and should - then be double locked with the key. However, professional thieves would be able to gain e ntry through tampering with the lock, which is fitted only on the face of t he door rather than actually inside it. If a burglar did break in through a back window, this kind of lock at least prevents them from making a simple exit through your door ? which limits the amount the thief can take with them. Mortice locks Most commonly used on front and back doors as they are perhaps the most effective and secure of all the lock-types. Mortice locks are embedded into the door, instantly making them a more difficult proposi tion for burglars than other options. locksmiths in leicester recommend fiv e-lever mortice deadlocks, which conform to British Standards 3621. Five-le ver mortice deadlocks, once locked externally with a key, become near-impos sible to open from within. What?s more, they are extremely difficult for a burglar to pick from the outside. Mortice sash locks work in a similar wa y, but also include a latch, should you wish to close the door fully withou t locking. Lock combinations To make life difficult for thieves, it?s imp ortant to combine a variety of locks on your doors, and, of course, to use them all whenever you go out. A popular combination is a mortice deadlock, a rim lock higher up on the door and bolts at the very top and bottom of th e door. When you?re in, the rim lock itself will keep the door locked, an d when you go out or retire for the evening, the bolts and mortice lock pro vide the necessary extra security. Bolts top and bottom help to provide an extra line of security to whichever main lock you have in place. They can b e surface mounted, like a latch or rim lock, or embedded into the door for extra strength, like a mortice lock. leicester locksmiths lutterworth locks miths loughborough locksmiths view web site

Reply to
ajlocksmith52

[...]

Don't think I'd trust someone in the 'sercuity' business.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Thursday 24 October 2013 13:28 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Feeling charitable, I emailed him a helpful link:

Tim Watts

And you have both helped the SEO team that posted that get him from

1,000,000,000 place on Google to 999,999,999 ;)

Tip 131 in the SEO manual is to create a discussion with the target website embedded.

Mind you, by replying to your reply, I'm just as guilty ...

999,999,998 ;)
Reply to
Jethro_uk

On Thursday 24 October 2013 14:13 Jethro_uk wrote in uk.d-i-y:

buttsex fornication whippings

Let's see how that affects his SEO...

Reply to
Tim Watts

PMSL

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It must be good, he sent it twice. What exactly is sercurity Its so badly written I cant be arsed to read it all!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

When I see something like this written by someone who is barely literate, it puts me off the product - even when it isn't spam. Surely anyone would know their grammar and punctuation was poor and get someone to check it before sending?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Where's does the queue start :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

+1

Just had a "work" newsletter containing a grammatical howler in the Head Honcho's column.

Reply to
newshound

In the back passage.

8¬o

Pete@

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com pretended :

Do you know what a paragraph is?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I work in the adult literacy field. Some of the stuff put out by the managers is incoherent.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The directors of a company I worked for couldn't spell for nuts. They had a four page glossy printed featuring the company that was included in a nati onwide business newspaper. It was full of spelling mistakes. I was so disgu sted that I added a spelling checker to our word processor (in my lunch hou r!). That was very useful for everybody.

One day the managing director complained to me that my spelling checker was throwing out the word "committment". I said, that's because it's spelled w rong. He said no it's not, the office girl looked it up in the Concise Oxfo rd, and it's right. So they sent off an important proposal with the word "c ommittment" in it. Later I found a large headline saying COMMITMENT and I put it up on the wal l by my desk. Some time after that I got sacked.

Reply to
Matty F

Do you know what a is?

Reply to
Gazz

+1 (at least)

Historic evidence suggests not.

Reply to
polygonum

I think threatening to have him neutered is a bit harsh.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet