snag in new loop pile carpet

I have just had a loop pile carpet layed by John Lewis and it has what i believe is termed a snag in it. This is the second snag i have noticed, there is one in another room which was carpted earlier in the year (same carpet).

I let the snag go before as it was under where a bed but this time it is just as you walk into the room and quite noticeable.

I would just like to know others views on what is and what is not acceptable with new carpet. Should i complain or should i just cut the snag as i have read on various carpet care web sites.

I appreciate loop pile carpeting is prone to snagging but should a new carpet contain snags?

Reply to
bob