Don't touch that knee

TNP posted some information in a public forum. If he wanted to keep it private then he should send it by email or some other means.

TNP said he had never met anyone from this forum. It turns out that is untrue. TNP still doesn't fully accept he did meet someone but says he can't remember. Okay.

TNP then gets upset because the truth of what he said was questioned and shown to be incorrect. In someone less narcissistic than TNP it wouldn't be a big deal but he gets terribly offended.

If his memory is so bad then he should proceed more cautiously.

Reply to
pamela

It does say it all.

To wrap matters up, TNP should apologise for incorrectly informing me that he had never met anyone from here.

Reply to
pamela

Why do you care if I care?

Reply to
pamela

Andy may be right because that vaguely sounds familiar from several years ago but it must be in another group rather than this one because I use the same nym if I am going to post regularly in a group ... otherwise it's confusing.

Socking is not changing nyms and as far as I know I have never socked anywhere on the net.

Reply to
pamela

You ever see a footballer/aged pop star with an ugly WAG? Some women are attracted by money.

Reply to
harry

But we do know your real name. "L"

Reply to
harry

Old joke!

Reply to
harry

Funny you should mention that as I was thinking of the oppersite side of it and I'm wondering what the womens football team WAGs equivalant might be. I wonder if I could become one ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Are there any new jokes ? I thought I invented one last week.

I was thinking when we put the clocks back who's responsible for putting the atomic clocks back an hour ;-D

Reply to
whisky-dave

Grammar police: I think you meant "principles". In your other posts,(this one's OK), please follow the title of the group: alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe But its members seem to have given up trying now.

Reply to
Dave W

Fair enough, I don't think pamela has ever 'spoken' to, or about, kathie.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was interested to know why TNP twice flatly denied ever meeting you and yet you were able to provide specific details of the meeting. I would have thought he may have been more careful when he read your clear statement that you two had met.

It seems strange that TNP couldn't recall meeting someone from here ever at all. I wonder if TNP will now apologise for his incorrect statement, whether he made it knowingly or not. Perhaps he will do the right thing.

Reply to
pamela

If you're touting for work I must tell you I get all the home help I need. Thank you, anyway.

Getting back on topic, do you have any ideas on why TNP's memory seemed to fail him despite beng reminded of a meeting? I wonder if he might be a bit under the weather from the various illnesses he posted about last week.

I do feel sorry for him sometimes because his bluster and short temper here might be his way of concealing problems.

Reply to
pamela

Why are you so jealous of me, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What work do you do, bm, that's so much better than sound engineering?

Reply to
pamela

Since you mention my old job so often it's fair to assume you are jealous of it. But of course have no idea what it involves.

I would only have mentioned it in context. I'll leave things like hero worship to you.

I'll leave others who might be interested to Google that. Glad it means something to you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That you had a job where others could take the piss out of comes as no surprise.

I generally enjoyed my career. Something not everyone is as fortunate in. I'm very sorry yours was one you need to keep quiet about.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It sounds like you're embarassed to say what work you do. You also seem concerned that your work stacks up badly compared to sound engineering.

I wouldn't call it grandeur. Insulting someone profession while being too afraid to state your own probably has another name.

I suspect "Steptoe" is a reference to Jeremy Corbyn. I don't like him and his politics one little bit but having him in power is not as bad as having Brexit.

You sound unhappy. Look on the bright side....

We're living in a kind of golden age right now. If Brexit goes ahead then we will have more expensive goods, a slump in the pound, more immigrants from other continents, difficulty exporting, shortages of some imported goods and less money for health, policing, pensions, and general welfare.

Compared to that we're on easy street. Enjoy it while you can. Vague warmth about "sovereignty" and "Up yours, Delors" isn't going to provide much comfort.

Reply to
pamela

So you voted labour up to the age of approximately 70. Unless you are incredibly old, must have included voting for Blair. But dislike the policies of Corbyn who has gone some way back towards the core values of Labour. As opposed to Blair who was more right wing than the likes of Heath.

You really do sound like a bitter old man trying hard to find someone to blame for whatever went wrong in your own life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

:-)

Reply to