DIY Enthusiasts/DIY Disasters Couples- New Primetime Saturday Night Comedy Show

Hello guys,
Don't wanna take up too much space, but thought I'd let you know about a new primetime ITV Saturday night comedy show that I'm working on that needs couples to take part, and at the moment I'm looking for couples who have small minor tiffs or disagreements about DIY. It can be about anything, such as one partner who secretly makes DIY adjustments without telling the other, or they think they are much better than they actually are, or even people that want to make extreme changes to their home that the partner doesn't agree with.
It doesn’t matter how small or ridiculous the issue may be – it could be an annoying habit, a strange hobby, or something silly that they just always argue about.
Our celebrity comedy panel will watch each couple in action, listen to both sides of the story, and then ultimately decide who they think is right, and who is wrong. This is the chance for partners to finally get your own way on an issue that’s been driving them mad!
We filmed a pilot of this show earlier in the year, and our comedians included Jack Dee, Jo Brand and Sarah Millican.
If you think this is you, or could be a couple you know please pass along the details and get them to get in contact with us. It would be a really fun experience and we would cover travel fees for anyone involved as well as compensation for their time.
Feel free to contact me on snipped-for-privacy@zeppotron.com if you'd like any more information or an application form. Or give us a call on our hotline on 0333 577 7772.
Thanks!
Add pictures here
βœ–
if you'd like

"I'm a DIYer, get her out of here"?
Add pictures here
βœ–
says...

"I'm heartily sick of crap telly, but sadly Radio 4 is going the same way."?

βœ–
In article <14d02863-8f4b-4851-883c-6621dcfb8a29

Oh god, not another one.

βœ–
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:41:45 +0100, Skipweasel wrote:

Yup, trying to milk the public for cheap TV. In return for humiliation.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
TVCouplesShow wrote:

God no. Please, no more crap telly.
Are you really so bereft of fresh ideas that this is the best you can come up with? Have you considered a "Watching paint dry" program? Or how about a program about clueless program makers who can't come up with a single original thought and who all get the sack? It could be a fly-on-the-wall sort of documentary of the misery of their lives.
Tim
Add pictures here
βœ–

Never has an issue come up on this forum that is more suited to being solved by the forceful application of an angle grinder.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 06:26:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

Good point! Plus afterwards you get to use its second-in-command, the pressure washer.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <5e9ba54a-b194-43cb-8a68-578111339a73@

And a can of foam.

βœ–

Just to be clear the programme will feature a variety of different couples with funny and amusing stories to tell about their relationships, I am just looking for any interesting DIY stories out there that couples may have, and thought this would be an interesting forum to find them. It is not our intention to humilate anyone, but simply have fun with the couples and the comedy guests.
If it doesn't sound like your thing than fair enough, but we think it would be great fun to take part in, and any couples will be compensated for their time.
Dan
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Do you also 'just compensate' the panel 'for their time'?
--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *

βœ–

Hi Dave,
The focus of the show is ont he couples, and the small funny tiffs they may have about a variety of topics, not just DIY. The comedy panel will be offering their views on whatever the topic maybe and having a laugh with the couple about these small obsessions, hobbies or quirks.
We will provide travel, accomodation and money for the time used for each member of any couple we use.
Dan
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <0f20c480-d682-4371-a2ac-479e9ffdda11

Yup - /use/ is about right.

βœ–
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:50:31 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

Will you also compensate anyone who watches the programme for their wasted time?
--
(\__/) M.
βœ–

Ha! That one went right over his head, Dave ... :-)
Arfa
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <49cd606b-b6c8-49c1-b814-
says...

One thing most people here can tell you is...when you're in the bottom of a hole, stop digging.

βœ–

Or else, apply shoring and carry on.
Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
βœ–
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:12:40 +0100, Tim Downie wrote:

Bastard, you stole my idea! ;-) Although I had envisioned "the sack" as something with more comedic value, such as being hurled among a rampant pack* of rabid monkeys via trebuchet. Naturally, this would require filming in the jungle, because that's more "real life".
* what is the collective term for monkeys? Obviously, I've put as much thought into my concept as the average reality TV show maker.
cheers
Jules
Add pictures here
βœ–

Tribe of Monkeys ? Troop of Monkeys ? (Troupe ??)
Arfa
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

What are their qualifications to judge DIY? Or is it just another taking the piss show?
--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

βœ–