Curious said Alice OT

Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!
Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not the first three letters?
--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb wrote:

Err, when you asked in September, the answer was to use lower case!!

Oh! It probably still is. Now why couldn't their help file explain that?
Ta. again:-)
--
Tim Lamb

On the other hand why do they not use a combo box system as the last time I looked all months were spelled the same for at least 100 years. Brian
--
----- -
On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:

Why does anyone bother with Docusign when it's clearly not fit for purpose?
--
Max Demian

On 07/01/2018 21:23, Tim Lamb wrote:

Like they do with railway tickets?
Cheers
--
Clive

As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)
--
Tim Lamb

On 08/01/2018 14:49, Tim Lamb wrote:

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2017/01/03/08/rail-tickets.jpg
Cheers
--
Clive

"JNR" - so only the one month as an example; and which is far from intuitive, And differs from the previous suggestion which was to use lower case. Where case should be irrelevant to the input anyway .
Barclays/Docusign appear to be departing from best practice
With a limited number of options - 12 in this case - the choice should be made via a drop down/rotating menu where the opition is highlighted. so as to defeat any possibility of malicious keystroke logging
Keyboard input should only be adopted where the input possibilities are impossible to anticipate.
They used to use dropdowns for the secret word input on the Barclaycard site but have abandoned that on there too.
michael adams

Er, no they haven't. They've simply changed the forat so the menus are about three times bigger than they were before.
michael adams

I see! 3 months starting with a J. found confusing? What do they use for April and August?
At the risk of further diversion, what happened to the supposed need for capitalisation due to the links with gods of the time?
--
Tim Lamb

On 09/01/2018 09:04, Tim Lamb wrote:

JNR, FBY, MCH, APR, MAY, JUN, JLY, AUG, SEP, OCT, NOV, DMR, so five 'unusual' ones.

Cheers
--
Clive