Curious said Alice OT

Barclays wanted some personal details and dumped me in Docusign... spit!

Now class, how do you write the month in three characters if it is not the first three letters?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Err, when you asked in September, the answer was to use lower case!!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh! It probably still is. Now why couldn't their help file explain that?

Ta. again:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Why does anyone bother with Docusign when it's clearly not fit for purpose?

Reply to
Max Demian

On the other hand why do they not use a combo box system as the last time I looked all months were spelled the same for at least 100 years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Like they do with railway tickets?

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

As a car owner that is a bit obscure to me:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

"JNR" - so only the one month as an example; and which is far from intuitive, And differs from the previous suggestion which was to use lower case. Where case should be irrelevant to the input anyway .

Barclays/Docusign appear to be departing from best practice

With a limited number of options - 12 in this case - the choice should be made via a drop down/rotating menu where the opition is highlighted. so as to defeat any possibility of malicious keystroke logging

Keyboard input should only be adopted where the input possibilities are impossible to anticipate.

They used to use dropdowns for the secret word input on the Barclaycard site but have abandoned that on there too.

michael adams

michael adams

Er, no they haven't. They've simply changed the forat so the menus are about three times bigger than they were before.

michael adams

michael adams

I see! 3 months starting with a J. found confusing? What do they use for April and August?

At the risk of further diversion, what happened to the supposed need for capitalisation due to the links with gods of the time?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

JNR, FBY, MCH, APR, MAY, JUN, JLY, AUG, SEP, OCT, NOV, DMR, so five 'unusual' ones.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur