a party

I would love to go to a party to which you would all be invited, to partake of a few bevvies, alcoholic or not and to discuss the various differences of opinion which would ensue. To see and hear each arguing their case for whatever, would be a wonderful experience. I reckon a room for about 60 would be big enough, but it would have to well padded to avoid accidents etc. The fun we could have!!! We could have a mini referendum on Brexit, we could talk for hours about our differences and listen patiently to each others theories about anything and everything. In between Brexit we could talk about removing tap washers, painting baths, and all manner of delightful and wondrous things. The physicality of it all would be enormous, see you all at the shed?

Reply to
critcher

ISTR there are some photos about from previous UK DIY meets somewhere...

Reply to
John Rumm

I could go for that too

Reply to
newshound

have it here & you could see the things that supposedly couldn't possibly work but do. Not sure I'd want to discuss politics though! Nor trivial troll-y details of diy stuff.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Many of you wouldn't understand my accent.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I had to translate from Scottish to English once.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

What? And give Pamela an excuse to stalk even more?

No thanks

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There should be a pillory at one end in case the designers of the home owners hub web portal turned up. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

that would be called a bounce up ......

Reply to
Gullible Jim ....

Ah! Get them to spit it on a wall and then read when it dries out:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

ok what's the address

Reply to
tim...

Many years ago, I had a job where I often had to translate between Texan English and Lallans (lowland Scots).

Reply to
S Viemeister

Like radio, newsgroup contributors are best kept invisible to the others. Sometimes, it is an unnerving experience to see the real radio voice in print or on screen, when your long-held visual perception turns out to be completely wrong.

And anyway, don't people use facetime, or other means to 'see' the other person ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I once attended a meet arranged on an email list of its members.

Never again!

Some folk that seem quite normal by email were real weirdos in the flesh.

Mike (the normal one:-))

Reply to
Muddymike

I have met 4 current and past posters to this group. They all seemed to be normal if above average intelligence and verging on entrepreneurship.

My single experience of news group meets was that it coincided with the topic becoming moribund. This was a polite group without the freely traded insults found here!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

the only face I know is Bill Wright

Reply to
critcher

Rod's in Australia thankfully

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've met two recently (two of the Tims). I have met others when they were students or similar, and one I last met back in the mid 1970s!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes - in the early days I met up with a few from here at one of the tools fares in the area. Perfectly normal bunch of blokes.

In those day the insults were over wwether a combi (or two) were a better way than storing. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I should think that's enough.

Bill