Country lanes - no curbs

Here

is the first table I found on the net with braking decelerations.

Note that the 1995 BMW M3 was doing near-as-dammit a G, and would stop from 60 in 37 metres. While the Dodge Colt would need 51 metres.

Obviously the Dodge driver, while travelling at his maximum safe speed, would not be going as fast as the BMW could.

So the Dodge would hold up the BMW, even when travelling at _his_ maximum safe speed.

Have you never been stuck behind a lorry?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

No. I have never been stuck behind a lorry, they always turn off or you overtake them when its safe.

Well except for the six hour wait while they dug up the central reservation on the M6 to get us clear of the several lorry pile up a few years ago.

Reply to
dennis

Then assuming it's not been 'safe' to overtake every time instantly then you *have* been stuck behind a lorry?

Or what if you are within solid white lines or cross-hatching and can't overtake?

Or when they (or any vehicle) go slowly (or slower that you might) round the corners and then go to the posted limit on the straights?

I have experienced all the above even when on a 1000cc motorbike.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

its impossible to say unless you actually witnessed what happened but take a drive up the high street in google maps its not a great place to be going very fast most times of the day goo.gl/pPzCn5

Reply to
Mark

No my Chieftain weight in at some 50+ton I think that is an un-armeded Valentine which only weight about 15ton i would do a Lot more damage then that and probably knocked the lamp post down as well with the turret gun :(

-
Reply to
Mark

I wasn't seriously suggesting that was you.

Chieftain, that's what my mum's boyfriend drove in Korea You have problems with the powerplant at all (everything I've read says the Leyland multi-fuel job was pants) ?

Not a Valentine, have a suspicion that is a Leopard1 conversion (Biber)

Reply to
soup

The Chieftain was introduced into service in 1966.

Korean War ended in 1953.

Reply to
Brian Reay

You sure about the name? Korean war suggests Centurion. Chieftain introduced in mid 60?s much later.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Then they should drive carefully, get out of my away and not drive into my big tank.

And paying more road tax.

I'm a Land Rover driver - couldn't give a shit.

Reply to
bert

But what if you have driven into them 'old man'? ;-(

No, I expect many don't (low EQ) ... or maybe not till one of your family, happily minding their own business in their std family saloon gets crushed by someone who makes a mistake in their 4x4 (that's never ever been off road or towed a horse box ...).

And it was completely predicted of you of course, you are a fanatic Brexiteer so have already demonstrated your total disregard for any one else ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

.

No he didn't, it was Centurion (as mentioned else thread). Mea culpa

I am forever getting the two names mixed up.

Centurion , immediate post war (a lot say best tank in the world [for its time]).

Chieftain good tank but let down by an underpowered and unreliable engine (developed out but the Chieftain ~ crap engine concept was deep in the pysche. C.F. The rifle 556 [was SA80] pre rebuild it was a POS after the rebuild it was quite good but the SA80 ~ crap was in the psyche so the

556 is still regarded as a POS

That a fair synopsis

Reply to
soup

If it's unforeseen, you don't even know what it's gonna be.

Reply to
Tim Streater

yes the most unreliable overweight expensive underpowered fuel guzzling engine ever made a product of the MOD thinking at the time, we use petrol in all military vehicles but they use Diesel in Europe so we need an engine that can run on both however it was a very good tank for the time, when it was going the upside for me since it does gallons per mile was the fuel to run it was delivered to me free of charge thanks to people mis-fueling there cars

could well be but it looks quit small to be a real moden "tank" conversion

-
Reply to
Mark

Low is good

Just as likely to be killed by a crashing jumbo jet.

Positive, adventurous. entrepreneurial, wealth generator, able to see the bigger picture. Not like small petty minded risk-averse remoaners like you who can only think of any slight change in their material well-being.

Reply to
bert

It's obviously good you because it saves you having to worry about anyone other than yourself.

Nope, not just as likely at all (so just more fanatic Brexiteer lies, denial and bs).

Delusional (no wider view to provide a fully considered outcome).

Reckless (no consideration of the potential range of outcomes).

Gambler (generally with other peoples money and lives).

Gambler (generally with other peoples money and lives).

Totally unable to see the bigger picture. (And thanks for the perfect demonstration of that).

'Small'? (A sure sign of an arrogant 'superior / selfish' attitude).

Willing to consider the smaller and often important factors.

Not gamblers (especially with other peoples money and lives).

And the BS continues. To be *counted* as 'a Remoner' I would have had to voted remain ... and I didn't ... 'Brexsh1teer'.

Further, what you consider me to be is completely and utterly irrelevant (as are you to any fully considered decision).

WTF are you drooling on about now Brexsh1teer?

So, how are the Brexit negotiations going then? Are they working out as your crystal ball predicted or don't you still know yet? What did you vote for again *exactly* ... ?

Oh, and I neither expect or want an answer from you on that because we all know it would just be more gambling.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

'Every cloud ...' ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No you didn't even have the sense to vote, so sure were you that remain would win.

What no left brainer garbage? Has the message finally got through oh half brained one?

Reply to
bert

Have you seen the adverts on some of the TV channels for some tank based video games? Brilliant. Love the guy filling up at the petrol station.

10,000 litres
Reply to
bert

And another perfectly example of a left brainer at work (having false beliefs of others (or just making s*1t up ass in your case).

Bingo. You really can't make this stuff up (well, you try obviously).

<

What no answers to my questions?

How are the answers to my questions coming along. You know, sharing your brilliant insight with the group (oh, and the government might be interested as well).

Your silence (or more BS) will tell all of course.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It is a common tendency for those who are ignorant, to belittle those that are not, by making some other quality they can lay claim to more important than knowledge or intelligence. No one has more scorn for science and mathematics than the art student.

This fools leftists who are all like that anyway - it is after all the politics of failure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher