Cordless impact driver and angled bit holder

I bought one of these ages ago to pad out a Screwfix order to free postage:

very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool box for a year or so.

Today I used it with a cordless impact driver, expecting it to be a smack-your-fingers swine to control, if it worked at all.

It actually worked brilliantly, driving a 6 * 80mm turbogold into hardwood (in hammer mode) - with virtually no torque reaction coming back through the sleeve.

Reply to
dom

> Had very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool

I have had one of those for over 5 years. The cheapest I saw was in Maplin. The driver bit has to be right in the screw and it works fine. I have never used it with an Impact driver though.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Try it. Let's find out how long it lasts.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Probably not long. But if it deals with 1 in a 100 screws that have to go in/come out of dark corners - it's worthwhile.

Reply to
dom

> Had very low expectations of it, in fact had left it laying in a tool

Same as mine! I'll dig it out now you've posted that.

I use those 6 x 90 turbogold coach screws loads - brilliant things.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Had

Mine lasted 30 seconds. I took it out the bag and played with it a bit and it fell apart. The replacement hasn't fallen apart yet, but its been two days.

Reply to
dennis