Conducting concrete

I never said pure water :-)

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I see you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Precisely, set concrete with no water around does not conduct at all.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It's very good. Which is why people get shock in swimming pools and baths.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Negative, if one looks at an AM radio station the tower is used as the antenna. Note a big ceramic insulator between the tower and the foundation. the is a spark gap on the insulator for lighting. If the transmitter is active then a non conductive ladder to climb the tower. That is why maintenance is performed at night because they are off the air.

Reply to
Tekkie®

loor of your house while touching something live. This was suggested by so meone recently as being a danger. I just measured some concrete to make su re I wasn't being ignorant, and it was off the scale (>20MOhms)

, which is pretty damp.

Welcome to the idiot bin.

Reply to
tabbypurr

On Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:57:15 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

ed house means you're earthed. Concrete is a bloody good insulator!

-- =

Hipatitis (n): Terminal coolness.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Oh dear, another one who can't handle reality.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I like that link.

Page 5 has a table with ground electrode depths ranging between 3 and

1000 meters.

Yes, meters. I'll assume they mean metres, which is well over half a mile... maybe they do mean a pile of 1000 testers?

Hmm... I wonder what they do mean?

Page 6 says "Just watch your units" :)

Andy

Reply to