Cheap SDS "breakers"

I'm thinking about getting one for occasional use. Screwfix have an el chea po 1700W "Titan" at around £150. Reviews are plentiful and positive (a lthough confined to a short period after purchase).

I can stand £150, but being a tight sod, I noticed that there are a nu mber of eBay vendors selling brand new ones that look similar to the Screwf ix item, but £30-£50 lower in price. Some are more powerful (well , state higher power consumption). There are also a few Titan units, just l ike the Screwfix one, but manufacturer refurbished (presumably faulty, retu rned, fixed).

Any experience of the options outlined above?

Regards.

Terry.

Reply to
terry.shitcrumbs

eapo 1700W "Titan" at around £150. Reviews are plentiful and positive (although confined to a short period after purchase).

number of eBay vendors selling brand new ones that look similar to the Scre wfix item, but £30-£50 lower in price. Some are more powerful (we ll, state higher power consumption). There are also a few Titan units, just like the Screwfix one, but manufacturer refurbished (presumably faulty, re turned, fixed).

IME the cheapies are OK for intermittent use. They overheat, leak oil etc if you use them for more than 20 min without a cooling off period.

Reply to
harry