Condensing boiler and PVC

Without being too technical and just in case anybody else has this issue. Bungalow, condensing boiler in the loft, flue over the bathroom window. The height of the flue is well within regulations. Fitting the boiler in a different location would have resulted in long unsightly runs for the condensate drainage pipe. I've noticed for quite a while that the PVC window ledge has rusty yellow stains on it. I incorrectly put this down to the acidic droplets or whatever from the flue gasses removing the white from the PVC window ledge. Cleaning with ordinary household cleaner was futile. Today I had a go with meths and a Brillo Pad. The stains came straight off leaving the PVC like new.
Add pictures here
✖

You have scratched the stained layer off - you haven't cleaned it!
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyBorn wrote:

Soap filled Brillo Pads and my gentle hand. No scratches. The window ledge is now gleaming white.
Add pictures here
✖

plume of applause ......
Add pictures here
✖
On Friday, 19 May 2017 18:34:14 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

uPVC is actually very porous. There is some sort of varnish put on to prevent staining. I 'spect you have now rubbed this off and it will stain easily. You can get speacial stuff to reseal them.
https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/double-glazing-windows/clinic/how-to-clean-upvc-windows
(Amazon.com product link shortened)ˆ61240623&hvqmt=b&hvbmt»&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_33qp6zjkvl_b
Add pictures here
✖
On 22/05/2017 18:15, harry wrote:

very often its rusty water dripping of the window lintel.
Add pictures here
✖
critcher wrote:

The other window ledges are fine.