Acidic boiler condensate on plastic window ledge

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft. Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window. The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

If not,

James Wilkinson Sword

It may well do, by turning them brown.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Did you even read my post? Did you even understand my question? Fuck of Hucker!

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

So bleach will not work then? Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes I read your post. That stuff is meant to revive discoloured PVC, which is what you've got by putting your boiler in a stupid place.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Then the old window was there before the boiler.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

(Peter Hucker)

Fuck off Hucker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Both at about the same time. The boiler was new as were the windows. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Most people don't distinguish between beam and joist. One is just thicker than the other.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Assuming they're iron stains (which they may not be), these can be removed from plastic by rubbing vigorously with a paste of baking soda in water. Vinegar or lemon juice are also suggested. The baking soda acts like a mild abrasive. I guess something like Brasso would also work. Lots more here

Chris Hogg

It would have been if it was still there. Imagine siteing an exhaust port next to a window.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Which it was. The old boiler was in the kitchen. Ignore the Wilkinson troll.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

So you deliberately moved your boiler to have the exhaust next to a window? You only have yourself to blame.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.

If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue could have been used, with a flashing kit.

If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip out of the end.

A photo would help.

Reply to
Andrew

A non-condensing boiler would not have done this.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Is it a ferric rust staining or something else?

Vinegar and salt will just about shift small rust stains that haven't gone too far into soft relatively inert materials if left for a while.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Thanks.

Reply to