Acidic boiler condensate on plastic window ledge

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft. Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window. The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

If not, http://www.diy.com/departments/de-solv-it-upvc-reviver-bottle-500-ml/256823_BQ.prd
--
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Did you even read my post? Did you even understand my question? Fuck of Hucker!

Yes I read your post. That stuff is meant to revive discoloured PVC, which is what you've got by putting your boiler in a stupid place.
--
The true mark of a civilized society is when its citizens know how to hate each other peacefully.

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

What's a joist? (Peter Hucker)
Fuck off Hucker.

Most people don't distinguish between beam and joist. One is just thicker than the other.
--
A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message wrote:

Unlike you and Pounder.
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:39:50 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

It may well do, by turning them brown.
G.Harman
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

So bleach will not work then? Thanks for your reply.
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:41 -0000, jim <k> wrote:

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.
--
If a cow laughs, does milk come out of its nose?

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:25:47 -0000, jim <k> wrote:

Then the old window was there before the boiler.
--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:48:02 -0000, jim <k> wrote:

It would have been if it was still there. Imagine siteing an exhaust port next to a window.
--
Loose or missing nuts. Spank the monkey (Y/N)?

jim wrote:

Which it was. The old boiler was in the kitchen. Ignore the Wilkinson troll.

So you deliberately moved your boiler to have the exhaust next to a window? You only have yourself to blame.
--
It turns out a Chinese food deliveryman who was thought to be missing, was actually stuck in a Manhattan apartment building elevator for 4 days.
The man is ok, but the building's owner is charging him $1,500 rent.
jim wrote:

Both at about the same time. The boiler was new as were the windows. Thanks for the reply.
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:39:50 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

Assuming they're iron stains (which they may not be), these can be removed from plastic by rubbing vigorously with a paste of baking soda in water. Vinegar or lemon juice are also suggested. The baking soda acts like a mild abrasive. I guess something like Brasso would also work. Lots more here http://tinyurl.com/z97gtqe
--

Chris

Chris Hogg wrote:

Thanks.
On 25/01/2017 22:43, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It will remove the symptom not the cause.
--
Adam

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.
If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue could have been used, with a flashing kit.
If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip out of the end.
A photo would help.

A non-condensing boiler would not have done this.
--
America remains the international benchmark for institutionalised stupidity. -- Neil Allen, circa 2014