Boiler being a bellend

Vaillant ecomax 418 refuses to let any of its options be changed - and the system won't run on the default settings. When a value is adjusted you pres s i to back out, but it just doesn't react when a setting is adjusted. The only way out is to either press reset or +i, and either way it ignores the change just made.

Why? How to solve it?

thanks NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You may find some settings will only change in installer mode. There is usually a way you can select a two digit installer code. Try 18

Reply to
John Rumm

Do these have a little battery like computers have to keep the settings? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Are you saying you can alter the values but the boiler is not saving them? If so are so remembering to save the new value by pressing the i key until the display stops flashing?

I have made similar errors.

Reply to
ARW

that's another thing it won't do, access the installer settings. Instructions say it's 17 but I'll try 18 too.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

the system won't run on the default settings. When a value is adjusted you press i to back out, but it just doesn't react when a setting is adjusted. The only way out is to either press reset or +i, and either way it ignores the change just made.

I can access d0 to d97. I can + & - to give new values. But then pressing i won't get me back out as it always did. I don't remember anything flashing during this process but will check again tomorrow.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Once its been installed - one of the things you can change is the installer code. I changed mine to 00 so I could get there without scrolling through. So its possible yours has been changed. Fortunately it only goes up to 99, so trying them all is doable.

Reply to
John Rumm

the system won't run on the default settings. When a value is adjusted you press i to back out, but it just doesn't react when a setting is adjusted. The only way out is to either press reset or +i, and either way it ignores the change just made.

You got it, just needed to hold the i down awhile.

Thanks, NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

thankfully it wasn't changed!

Cheers NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

So was it 17 or 18 in the end?

Reply to
John Rumm

  1. It revealed a whole bunch of data that's not in the instruction book. Who knows what they mean.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

With vaillant boilers there are usually a ton of settings devoted to the vast range of control options and add ons. So for any given installation there are usually a bunch that are not applicable.

Reply to
John Rumm