Cheap Dyson spares?

Hi All,

Can you get any of the minor parts for Dysons anywhere please or do you typically have to buy a complete module ..

Like, I need the yellow plastic collar that is probably part of the main telescopic metal wand, the bit that the handle clips into for a DC05?

It's split pretty well along it's whole length (~40mm) but I'm worried I'll have to buy the entire assembly?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

If you phone Dyson directly you will find that they sell far more minor parts than they list on their web site, so you may be lucky.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah, thanks John. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Chap at work phoned Dyson about a part he needed and they said for about £50 I think they would do a service and replace ANY needed parts. The parts he needed added up to more than that so he had the service done and as good as their word they replaced the parts needed.

Reply to
Graham Lewis

I guess in his case it was money well spent Graham but this bit shouldn't come to more than a couple of quid (just a plastic locking collar) but I guess it will be more than that (assuming I can get one in the first place etc).

Hmm, well, I just phoned their spares place and it looks like you can't get the sub-part as I predicted. So I phoned Dyson tech support and they have very kindly offered to send me a complete replacement assembly foc! ;-)

It sounded like I wasn't the first person to suffer that part failing and that the replacement item may well have been re-designed / reinforced.

We will see ...

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to