Karcher K4.99 low power.

Hi all,

I was just having a tidy up in the shed and found a Karcher K4.99 that I think I was asked to look at with/for daughters ex.

I've just powered it all up and it runs and stops on the trigger (doesn't pulse) it's just that it doesn't have any 'ooomph'.

Now, Googling about has suggested it's just the rubber seals in the cylinder head but the only way to buy them is to buy a complete head (~12 quid on eBay, no problem) but has anyone found a way to just get the washers / seals for when it happens again please (assuming it's a weak point)?

Is that typically the fault or can there be other reasons (assuming no leaks etc)?

How long should it last once fixed (e.g. is it worth doing in the first place)?

I'm probably only doing it for daughters ex (who ewe all still get on fine with) and to clear some room in the shed as I already have a little Kew Hobby and daughter has the Nilfisk E145 ... and I'm sure he could make use of it himself and I believe was given to him by his grandpa (so has sentimental connections).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

First things to check are the nozzle - is it fully in high pressure mode or badly worn & then the inlet filter - could be restricting inlet water.

Reply to
David Lang

From my quick play it looked like the nozzle I tried (of the two) wasn't adjustable in any externally obvious way? I am familiar with those that are (swivel / push - pull) but these seemed to be fixed (and maybe why there are two ... jet / fan)? I will look at them again though.

Again, I did look briefly but will check again closer. ;-)

FWIW you could just about get it to move some algae on the concrete (more so than a plain hose) but it definitely had no 'kick' at all.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In article , T i m writes

Of the nozzles which came with my 4.99 one is fixed, the high force one which should rotate the jet (but now quite often sticks) and the other is variable by rotating the stem. Either one could give symptoms of low pressure. What happens if you run it with no nozzle attached to the handle?

Reply to
bert