Careful, it's heavy!

What a stupid pointless wrangle. A misuse of Usenet.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I don't have parrots but a few weeks ago I bought a 50# bag of sunflower seeds for the wild birds, slung it over my shoulder, grabbed a box of suet blocks with my other hand, checked out, and headed for the car. fwiw I haven't seen 13 in many decades.

Reply to
rbowman

Changing nyms is the only way he remains off killfiles and receives the attention he craves.

Reply to
Meanie

Never saw the thread. It's not as if those trolls were hard to spot. Kill filed them ages ago.

Tim

--

Reply to
Tim+

Elfin safety. so you dnt sue them for picking two up and doing yer back in.

A cwt sack - about 50kg -is beyind most peoles limits and IIRC 35kg is the most workers in coureir firms are allowed to process off a pallet.

Squaddies are trained to carry around 50kg on their backs IIRC

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just press 'K' (uppercase)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I suspect its a cover all statement. IE if anyone did get injured and tried to claim from the company. Its like so many things that say may contain nuts which are, um nuts, they consider the public to be stupid and often they could be correct. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The other possibility is that you might try to lift it with your mouth or some other delicate part of your anatomy I suppose. You should never underestimate the ingenuity of the public to damage themselves. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They obviously forgot the Braille warning sign so we blind can feel better about ourselves as well.

:-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If so then any thread discussing it has to be as well then?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There is a serious side to the thread on messages on things though, as we generally get so many now, does this mean nobody actually takes any notice any more? Danger holding live cables can be fatal. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its hucker, what do you expect?

He seems to be on a nym shift fest - presumably because most have learnt to ignore him. My hucker filter is lighting up new nyms like a Christmas tree at the moment.

Reply to
John Rumm

They may not know in advance whether they can carry it the distance required.

Reply to
Max Demian

when I was in my 20s, I often carried 1 cwt sacks of cement and the coalman carried that amount of coal, I think that the change is due to people discovering the longterm effects of such loads; as they have done with loud noises.

Reply to
charles

I call it "health and softy".

But logically I could state that the warning is in small writing on the back and I didn't see it before taking it from the shelf. See how utterly stupid these warnings are? Only people who already know what they're doing actually ever see them. Those who f*ck up have never seen the warning.

I'd not enjoy carrying 50kg for a long distance, but I can easily pick it up and take it from say my house to my car. And I'd say I was below average build.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

All we need is common sense. Your body tells you if you're straining it. Since everyone is different in their capabilities, we should just make our own decisions and sack the nanny state.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

But they chose to be coalmen and they chose to ignore the warnings their body gave them.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

Then you put it down and have a rest or ask someone to help you. Or have the intelligence to know how far you can carry something. When I pick up something heavy, I can immediately tell you how far I could carry it. Oh my f****ng god are we all becoming 6 year olds that need careful instructions? Think for yourself for crying out loud.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

I only do it because morons such as yourself reply to a huge post with 5 different points, then AFTER I've read them all and replied, there's a note at the bottom saying you won't see the reply. Grow up.

Reply to
Liam Roberts

I've never stated I was strong.

Reply to