seeking "carrier bag holder-opener" gizmo

Hi all we have various litter-picker-uppers in our town who wander around with a pair of those long-handled jaw devices for picking up cr*p that people have left on the pavement. In the other hand they carry a plastic bag, similar to a heavy duty binliner.

The 'binliner' is held open to make their life easier by being fastened to some sort of circular wire device. I guess it is clipped together somehow.

I'm after something similar to this wire loop device for carrier bags; we use them occasionally for bins (I'm sure I'm not the only one!) and I'm thinking of something that could hang on a peg, hold the mouth of the bag open and be easily demounted when the bag is full.

I'm quite capable of lashing something like this up, and might well do so. But I can't believe that it hasn't been invented already, except that I have no idea what it might be called or where to look. Any clues?

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
jkn

=============================

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 981 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

Stuart Noble

<

A length of compressed air hose might do it

Reply to
Stuart Noble

A metal coathanger.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

??

David

Reply to
Lobster

<

Makro had some squash flat bags that have a coiled metal spring wire in them. You undo the clip and they spring up like a "top hat" into a large bin. Just the right size for a full size dustbin sack. Cost about a fiver IIRC.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi Stuart et. al.

[=2E..]

Yeah, having seen the pictures I tend to agree. The ones I've seen briefly in use didn't seem to have such visible clips and I was wondering if they had an inner & outer part to clip together, sandwiching the bag in between or similar. I'm certainly not paying =A39+ for such a thing ... i think I'll try the hose idea with some clips.

Cheers jon N

Reply to
jkn

Difficult to believe that a plastic hoop with snap on clips isn't available for a quid

Reply to
Stuart Noble