Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

I don't object to a small amount of engagement, since the information posted is still accurate, useful, and findable in a subsequent web search, even if the person notionally seeking it does not care for it.

Look back at all the crap dribble used to post - however that did not stop some of the threads being quite informative even if 50% of the posts were his deranged ramblings.

Reply to
John Rumm

That's the positive effect of his posting behaviour. Perhaps he sees himself as playing the role of "Idiot's Advocate" to allow others to 'shine through' the murk of disinformation.

I'm not familiar with 'dribble' so I can't comment.

I was trying to alert the rest of the group that there is a standard solution to the problem of troll postings since they seem to be oblivious to this feature. I'd use it myself if I wasn't so cheap as to stick with the free version of Agent which, unconscionably, is a crippled version of the payware one lacking a working killfile function.

I've seen far worse trolling activity in other newsgroups. Uncle Pete's postings do at least seem to lack any malice. I suspect he's tolerated on account of his amusing sig lines which can raise a huge chuckle every now and then (unlike some, whose sig lines consist of irritatingly out of context quotes taken from a singular genre of Sci- Fi literature).

Reply to
Johny B Good

Legendary poster to this group under a string of serial (ans sometimes parallel nyms) Aka IMM, News, Dr Evil, Dr Drivel and various others. Considered himself the worlds gift to plumbing but seemed to advocate combi boilers (or more likely two of them!) to the solution to the worlds woe's... e.g.

We have certainly had worse in here in the past. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I never said not to allow it to expel pressure, I said not to bother concealing it from a person who most likely isn't stood right next to it.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

And at 3 bar it would come out so fast it would bounce off you and be in contact with your skin for a fraction of a second, so transfer bugger all heat to you. If you're splashed with boiling water, it might hurt slightly and leave no mark, but try dipping your hand into a pan of it, and your skin will be severely damaged. Heat transfer requires time.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I'm too scared to do it without a hivis jacket ain't a valid answer.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

10% chance of death is a risk. 0.001% is not.
Reply to
Uncle Peter

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Wrong again. I just abhor the stupid opinions in here.

Yes, there is no point in arguing when you're just plain wrong. My side of the argument has reasoning, your side is "because that's the way it is".

Grow up you pathetic little weed.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I see. I've never thought up a need for a huge amount of hot water at once.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

How could saying there is no gas upset me?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Are you offering?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

And very very rare indeed.

I saw one the other day that had gone off at some point. The wall was stained. But.... the end of the pipe was about 3mm from the wall, yet the stain was only 30 degrees from vertically down on each side of it, and the harling was intact. Which suggests it does not come out forcefully at all.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Yes it is. Just one of a different size. 0.001% is 1 in 100,000. Perhaps you'd like to explain to that one that they didn't take a risk.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I obviously meant "it's not a risk worth bothering about".

Why focus on that one and not the other 99,999?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

So, with your claimed superior knowledge if the English language, why didn't you write that? All we have to go on is what you type on the screen, we're not mind readers who "just know" what you mean.

Just stating an opinion based on fact, I'd say. There is always a risk, and for the 1 in 100,000, it turned out to be a certainty, not a possibility.

Reply to
John Williamson

If the English language?

Not mind readers? What you mean is you interpret English like a computer program.

But taking a person at random, there is no point in him being concerned about it bec use chances are he'll be in the 99,999.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I wasn't talking about a random bod in the group of 100k. I was specifically talking about the one whose bad luck it was to become the dead one. Can't you read?

Reply to
Tim Streater

What's the point in only concentrating on him? Are you a journalist?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Because of your sloppy post earlier. If you'd said: "10% chance of death is significant to most people, 0.001% is much less so." we all would have nodded and passed on. You've already been taken to task over that and now I'm doing it too.

Reply to
Tim Streater