Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

Never heard of rentokill?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The poison that dehydrates them is fun to watch them suffer. Or trap them in a "humane" trap but don't let them out.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If we are talking about the pressure relieve pipe, then that is because this is the correct way to install them. They should never normally carry water, so getting a wall wet etc is of no concern. However if they do operate, they could eject near boiling water with some force - so making sure this does not hit someone is important.

To cool it quickly and stop it landing on someone standing next to it.

Reply to
John Rumm

No there are emergency pressure relief pipes - they should never operate during normal operation. They are not used for draining the system either.

Reply to
John Rumm

In which case you could well have a PRV pipe... they are not specific to combis, but to sealed systems.

Reply to
John Rumm

No, sealed systems have the discharge pipe.

Condensors have an addition inside pipe to carry condensate to a drain.

A boiler may have a sealed system and may be a condensor - all permutations are permissible.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thirty years ago you would not have been called a f****it - purely because the phrase had not been invented.

However, these days it is a well used word and perfectly appropriate in your case.

Reply to
Judith

A bit like Google.

Reply to
Judith

Good article, thx for the pointer.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I believe you can aim it down if it is low level (less than 100mm from the floor)

All the pipework from the boiler to the exit point must slope downwards. There is a good reason for that and I am sure you know why,

Reply to
ARW

On 05 May 2014, Judith grunted:

I beg to differ: in fact, the first recorded appearance of the term was in 1969:

A. Buzo. Front Room Boys, in: A. Buzo et al. Plays (1970) viii. 89: "Ooh, temper! Well, ta-ta for now, f****it"

()

No arguments on that score.

Reply to
Lobster

Why is it important to stop something that almost never happens from hitting someone who is almost never standing right next to it? Small number times small number = very very low probability. You'd be better banning cars that travelled over 20mph.

Oh the poor dears.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Ah, those will be the ones with the valve and the 45 degree bend.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I thought combi and sealed were one and the same. A system boiler has a header tank into which it bubbles into.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

A lot are outside, hence they freeze up and break the boiler.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Why not just get a combi boiler if you want mains pressure hot water?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The internet generates its own heat.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Because you can.

It's a simple easy answer to a known (and not uncommon) problem.

Reply to
ARW

No. And it is possible to use a combi with a header tank.

Reply to
ARW