Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

They might freeze up but they don't 'break the boiler'.

It's pathetic is what it is. And it's this stupid attitude which is why we have streets littered with speed limit signs and bumps.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I thought combi had to be sealed to have pressure to heat hot water.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It would have had to fail twice in rapid succession in winter for that to happen.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I could drill a small hole in the bottom of the bend.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I have been told by three plumbers that they do break the boiler, and that it's the most common cause of them failing, giving them a bad reputation for having an average lifespan of only 4 years. My non-condensing boiler is over 14 years old.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

and mine was installed in 1988!

Reply to
charles

Then you need to talk to sensible plumbers. Freezing the condensate outlet might stop the boiler from working (temporarily) but it won't 'break' it.

Mine was installed somewhere between 1979 and 2000, I can't tell you when as one of the previous owners did it.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

One of them is in here. Posting by the name of Bod. I shall email this to him....

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It'll be placed at the most convenient place, subject to regulation. Mine's at the same level as the boiler, so about 1.5m above ground.

I think the 180 degree bend, pointing the pipe into the wall, is a perfectly valid and elegant solution.

Your mileage obviously varies.

Reply to
RJH

No, the only thing that is pathetic is how many people are rising to Uncle Peter's bait.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Give it another 30 years and there will be so many regulations it will be impossible to do anything without contradicting one of them. It'll also take our entire working lives to learn them all, so nobody will actually be allowed to do any jobs.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The only thing that's pathetic is you think I'm trolling. Presumably because you're all brainwashed so badly that you think any ideas that don't fit the government issued mould are insanity. Go read more George Orwell or something, you were warned.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Bod is a childrens cartoon character and not a sensible plumber.

Reply to
ARW

I will show him this post, he will be most upset.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Not so.

Rain or snow could fill the upturned end (in fact probably would). Then all you need is a heavy frost.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

+1
Reply to
Mr Pounder

+2
Reply to
Mr Pounder

In message , Uncle Peter writes

Sounds a bloody good idea to me, put a lid on it Peter.

Reply to
Bill