blow poipe combi boiler

The combi boiler is sited just beside an outside wall. If the pressure release blow pipe goes straight through this wall it will exit over the front door. My plan is to run the pipe allong the inside of the wall 12 feet and exit there where there is no door or window below. The boiler is sited on the first floor. The pipe will have a slight fall.

---------------- | |boiler| ^internal wall^ | | |....outside wall | |¬ Exit of pipe about 12 foot away |

Thanks

Reply to
john

In message , john writes

Is this a question or a statement?

Assuming you are asking if this plan is ok, then the first question is, what do the boiler installation instructions say?

Reply to
chris French

Is there an implied "Is this OK?" in your post? If so, I would try to see if you can arrange for a shorter run it ought to be possible. Over the door is certainly wrong.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

At that length it would be prudent to increase the size of the pipe to 22mm and make sure there are no possible dirt trap points which may over a long period allow the accumulation of blocking material. I once came across a discharge pipe blocked with what appeared to be a small "honeycomb" which had been deposited by a bee. It was solidly fixed and only evident because the inner compression joint was leaking water due to let-by of the safety valve

Reply to
John

Sorry I ment it as a question.

The instruction say the following..The discharge pipe should terminate facing downward exterior to the building in a position where discharging(possibly boiling water & steem)will not create danger or nuisance, but in easily visible position, and not to cause damage to electrical components of wiring. The discharge must not be over an entrance or window or any other type of access.

But the question is, does it matter if the discharge pipe has to run for 12 foot.

Reply to
john