Outside stopcocks.

I have one of the 'new style' stopcocks with a plastic base (designed to take a meter at some future data) and a screw on top section, with a metal cover mounted on top of the screw on section (push fit?).

In order to get the levels right, our (ex-)builders cut a big section off the screw-on thread. Needless to say, they got the levels wrong, and there is now not enough thread left to get the top up to ground level. The pipe looks about the right size for standard 4" underground sewer pipe, but I don't want to dig it all up if the stuff doesn't fit. Has anyone tried replacing the shaft on one of these? I know in the 'old days' there was just a bit of ceramic drain pipe from the tap to the cover.

J.

Reply to
John Rouse