Boiler condenser pipe/overflow curved inwards?

Sorry for making you think.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Ah, go dance a hornpipe why don't you.

Reply to
Tim Streater

More accurately, a trolling f****it.

What amazes me in this newsgroup is the way such trolls seem to be tolerated. You'd do well to heed the very sound advice, "Don't feed the trolls.".

Reply to
Johny B Good

Resorting to childish insults indicates you lost the argument.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Two main reasons (as covered in the article above):

High flow rates of hot water at "mix temperature" [1], ideal for properties with multiple showers / baths - good at showers, and also fast bath filling.

Can be heated by multiple sources, e.g. gas boiler, immersion heater, solar collector.

[1] i.e. water at higher than final use temperature that you will mix down by the addition of cold water.

A combi[2] can only deliver hot water a a maximum rate dictated by the power of the boiler and the capacity of the gas meter, and its less easy to provide a backup should the boiler fail.

[2] Storage combis in effect include a unvented cylinder in the case of the boiler and hence can perform better for a limited period.
Reply to
John Rumm

Tell you what - next time you install a boiler, why don't you just solder a stopend over the PRV outlet pipe, and put a note on it saying its not required because are not a pansy.

We are sure to be impressed by your manliness.

Reply to
John Rumm

No - no relation. Many combis use sealed systems - although there are some that will run with a vented primary system.

Many system boilers are also designed for sealed operation. Although again there are exception.

No, a system boiler is simply a boiler that contains most of the system components in one box - so the boiler, and the pump, at a minimum, and in the case of a sealed system one, the expansion vessel, and PRV valve

  • over temperature cutouts as well.
Reply to
John Rumm

No. All a combi needs to be able to do is divert the flow of primary water through a plate heat exchanger rather than the radiator circuit.

Why would you need pressure to heat hot water?

Reply to
John Rumm

Why do you incorrectly assume it almost never happens?

The number of posts that you read here with the complaint that the system pressure drops each time the boiler gets hot (typically because of a failed expansion vessel) should make it evident that while is designed to operate only in response to a fault, once the fault condition exists it may well operate several times a day.

Reply to
John Rumm

No gas here.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The nature of a PRV opening is such that there'd be no warning and be of ve ry short duration. Chances are indeed low that it would occur precisely as someone walks past but many 'accidents' are often the result of an unfortun ate occurance of multiple instances.

Besides which, why not curve it to the wall? The PRV opening should be neit her regular or persistant and so shouldn't cause damage.

Reply to
Mathew Newton

There oil and LPG combi boilers available.

Now stop it - you will upset Peter and his cartoon charcter plumber friend:-).

Reply to
ARW

I'll check with my plumber friend as to why he didn't offer us one then.

Unc needs to get a grip.

Reply to
Tim Streater

We had an oil-fired combi installed a couple of years ago - so far, I've been pleased with it.

Reply to
S Viemeister

With a bit of luck you'll be long dead and buried by then, mind, you'll prolly be denying you are actually dead because it dosent fit one of your many skewed illogical ideas,

I can't be the only one wondering if you have much of a life, all you seem to do is post a question, get a perfectly valid answer, then spend the next week or 2 arguing because you don't like the answer you got,

Reply to
Gazz
[19 lines snipped]

He's a troll, and a very good one, being fed and nurtured by people who don't realise that the only way to treat trolls is to killfile and ignore them.

Reply to
Huge

BTW, it's not boiling water, it's superheated water and steam, which is very much worse - could be around 150C if released just above 3 bar.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I expect he knows the answer in advance (or at least, thinks he does) and just wants a platform to tell us how manly he is, and why things that risk death and injury for others are mere trifles for him.

He can then bask in our admiration....

Reply to
John Rumm

And it's me that actually gets injured (face burnt by petrol explosion/falling of ladder/bad burn on the arm from 15mm copper (that is still scarred after 10 years but at least it is no longer in the shape off

15mm copper)/broken ankle from falling off a 3cm kerb/finger sliced deep open at 8m height when it was trapped between SWA and a cable tray/run over on zebra crossing that had a lollipop lady stood there with a STOP sign (I got a fractured skull in that one)/knocked out with cricket bat in an improvised game of baseball (beer was involved and so were 13 stitches) etc
Reply to
ARW

You only have to peruse the threads where his postings make up to one third to one half of the thread content to see that he's a trolling f****it who simply wants to be the centre of attention in any thread he can hijack for his own amusement.

The uk.d-i-y news group must look like an iiresistable barrel of fish for the lesser trolls to shoot into. There's no point whatsoever in trying to argue with uncle pete so you might as well ignore any of his postings (he's what the 'killfile' feature in any respectable news reader was designed for).

The usual advice in regard of trolls is embodied in the well worn adage, "Don't feed the trolls!". Please take heed of this, it's very sound advice.

Reply to
Johny B Good