Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

Idiot.

There will be no immediate overnight change, and all you Fake-news remoaners have overlooked something rather important, the war on drugs and terrorism means that the powers-that-be already know what is coming into the country with a valid reason, and helped by amazing modern devices called computers, with massive databases.

Some supermarkets have developed their logistics systems into equally powerful tools, which is why Ocados share price has gone from £2 last September, to £11 now. The city teenage scribblers have cottoned on to the value of this distribution system as a result.

The only time we will ever have empty shelves is either during a snow storm, or a bread strike.

Reply to
Andrew

The Brexiter rich tend to be self-made, while the Remoaner rich are more insidious because they and the global elite are indivisible and enrich themselves at the expense of the idiots who voted for them once every 5 years (Bliar, Mandelson, Sugar,..)

Reply to
Andrew

And then they overstay rather than take their new skills back home. And the fees that they pay, Subsidises UK students, and pays for the vice-chancellors £450,000 salary.

Reply to
Andrew

Where did the banking system 'get the money from' when it was dishing out 125% liar loans like confetti ?.

Reply to
Andrew

The people who buy four burgers for a £1 are already buying cheap rubbish food, so what will change ?. Nothing.

Reply to
Andrew

Much of our vegetables from Spain are already picked by illegal workers who are supplied to the grower by gang-masters who invoice the grower and pay a pittance to the workers who just piss on the crops when they need to go because they are slave labour.

Reply to
Andrew

Bollocks. Before Lidl and Aldi became 'mainstream' in about 2008 most of the stuff on their shelves was a gamble because it wasn't obvious what it was. Now they have gone for wholesale copying of UK branded foodstuffs which is going to end up in one hell of a intellectual copy lawsuit at some point.

Reply to
Andrew

There are no qualified plumbers on uk.d-i-y but plenty of people are quite happy to do their own.

There are people here who are 'only' IT qualified but have installed their own gas appliances, with complete safety because unlike most tradesmen, they actually read and follow the instructions.

Reply to
Andrew

  1. Control of borders
  2. UK laws never overriden by EU legislation
  3. The right to exclude undesirables.
  4. The right (or necessity) to control the numbers of people who wish to come here.

Ask any brexiteer and you will hear those reasons. Easy, and I think you'll find that every one will happily pay a price to achieve that.

Reply to
Andrew

Or sunspot activity.

Or whatever occurred 10,000 years ago that brought the ice age to an end. Must have been all those man-made peat bog fires.

Reply to
Andrew

Bet that doesn?t happen, and even if it does, that?s what those who bothered to vote voted for and you get to like that or lump it.

Bet that doesn?t happen, and even if it does, that?s what those who bothered to vote voted for and you get to like that or lump it.

Fantasy.

Reply to
lopt

There's a difference between negotiating with those who have a real incentive to make it look hard to leave the EU and those who want to supply Britain which what it chooses to import.

Reply to
lopt

We already have that and could make it more stringent but choose not to.

Such as?

See answer to no1

See answer to No1

Yup, I wonder why they don't realise they can do something about most of the things and the rest doesn't really affect them ITRW.

No they won't (certainly the 1/3rd of the electorate who specifically said they didn't) and they certainly wouldn't be willing to pay *any price* Rod.

The reason is because 'most people' aren't fanatics on some crusade Rod.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Until panic buying takes hold.

Reply to
mechanic

Wont happen, you watch. The trucks will just get treated the same way they are now and the sky won't even fall a little bit, chicken little.

Reply to
John Angus

But surely the low powered vacuum cleaners they insisted on wouldn't be powerful enough for this?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup. Essential we support those who have to pay fees to have their kids educated.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Where indeed. But at least we know who is paying for that now - and for the last 10 years or so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for confirming you don't read before commenting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Absolutely no need at all to negotiate with a country we wish to import from. Every single one will sell us whatever we want. The negotiation starts when we require them to buy from us. Called making a trade deal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)