Bendy bananas

BULLSHIT.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That's mindless bullshit with parliaments.

Just because some fool says something...

Bullshit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Brexiteers are far too intelligent to believe remainiac loser comments about bent bananas.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Jeff Gaines snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com wrote

Nope, you do.

I never did anything of the sort.

Wrong, as always. And the WTO only applys to exports, not to stuff like subsidys for nukes, trains etc within the country.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Here's the quote:

See "neither" in there.

Do the research.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

In message snipped-for-privacy@pvr2.lan, Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Yes they did - they really did. They gave the bent banana regulations as a typical example of how stupid and bureaucracy-ridden the EU was. I have at least half a dozen friends who gave this as their reason for voting leave. Or were they simply joking - are worse still, lying?

Many now say that their decision was never really much about the economy, regulations, trade and such complicated things. but instead it was simply an objection in principle to being to told what to do by a totally undemocratic, corrupt and wasteful EU.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The vote was confidential, same as a vote in an election. You have no right to know why people voted as they did, it's just insolence on your part, mind your own business.

"Many"? How many to the nearest million? Again, mind your own business.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

But even so, bananas with 'abnormal curvature' don't need to be allocated a class by law. It is perfectly possible to look at them before buying.

Reply to
Joe

Probably, your friends were politely trying to shut up a Remainer bore for the umpteenth time.

“…a totally undemocratic, corrupt and wasteful EU” sounds spot on.

You do realise that none of the €billions of money doled out under the CAP was monitored? It bought some nice mini-palaces on ‘farms’ in Eastern Europe. Some places near Durham Castle got the same treatment.

Reply to
Spike

As you know, the issue was the use of a law (actually a Directive, I think) brought to bear on such an unbelievably trivial matter, with many hours of excruciatingly expensive time wasted on it. It was actually referring to bananas, but the stupidity would be the same if it referred to apples, pears or sherbet lemons.

In my case, not only being told what to do, but even the fact of my country being a member 'state' of such a completely awful and corrupt organisation. Ineffective, as well, if you recall the Lisbon Agenda (not the Treaty).

This statement was made in 2000 to be achieved by 2010, with considerable fanfare:

"the most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world capable of sustainable economic growth with more and better jobs and greater social cohesion"

It was probably possible to tell Leavers from Remainers even then by seeing who laughed when they heard/read that. I certainly did.

Reply to
Joe

Ian Jackson snipped-for-privacy@g3ohx.co.uk> wrote

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Then you need to get out more.

Or you never had a clue.

Fuck all.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Jeff Gaines snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com wrote

Doesnt say that there is only one trade agreement.

Been there, done that. The WTO gets no say what so ever on what happens within any country that isnt relevant to TRADE/

Reply to
Rod Speed

After Brexit the average Brit is less well off, has less freedom of movement, gained no additional sovereignty, gets poorer services due to staff shortages, has a lower standard of living, there's less choice of goods in our shops, we replaced European workers with Africans and Asians, fake refugees still arrive at our shores .... and no unicorns appeared.

Other G7 countries recovered from Covid and the energy shortage far better than Britain. Yet there are clowns who still try to fool the public by claiming Brexit brought benefits, but only by "switch selling" what Brexit was supposed to deliver.

Reply to
Pamela

Am 07/06/2023 um 09:38 schrieb Pamela:

And ur telling me this was NOT the main goal of Boris, JR Mug and their cronies?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Precisely. Bendy bananas were the perfect example of an EU regulation that was utterly and completely pointless. It isn't that it was a pointless regulation per se, because it arguably did no harm, so much as it revealed a culture of regulation for its own sake, by bureaucrats with nothing better to do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I campaigned for UKIP . I must have spoken to over 500 people on the doorsteps and at meetings, and I know what they told me were their reasons for voting.

What the BBC , the Guardian and Ian precious Jackson *thought* were the reasons were just made up, because they were in denial of what the

*real* reasons were. Even greater interference by remote bureaucrats and media tarts in ordinary peoples lives, is the simplest summary.

And a complete failure to listen to them when they complained

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bullshit Baffles Brains, especially in the over educated dimwits that comprise the 'Left'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which is also precisely why there's the political mess that we now see in the US. The Dems didn't listen to the plebs - their core base, supposedly, so little wonder they were ripe for seduction by Trump (who is only interested in the plebs in the same way that Adolf was - as a way to power).

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oh dear English comprehension problem - neither = not item 1 and not item

2 so it does indicate only one trade agreement.

That's right, we are discussing trade agreements.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines