Bendy bananas

<snip>

Yes, 'British' wine is made from imported grape juice and is usually junk, whereas 'English' wine has to be made from grapes grown in England and is usually good.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Spike snipped-for-privacy@mail.invalid writes

I often used to say that 'Quality Control' was never really meant to be used to ensure that the quality of stuff never exceeded a certain level.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

But don't they put mayonnaise on chips? That's not natural!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

You need to do some research. You refer to "Trade Agreements" as if there is only one. Googling "WTO and government subsidies" will help you on the second.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

True - but so long as you don't tell anyone I said so, it's actually quite nice. Shhh.

Reply to
Bob Henson

At one time you didn't have a choice especially as the industry was dominated by the big six. Now that there are thousands of micro breweries many of which are producing golden beers with a variety of non-uk traditional hops the uk public has much more choice and continental tasting beers are very popular. Even the big players in the industry have seen the light and are brewing their own.

I preference is for a hoppy beer with citrus tastes. I now dislike the sweet malty beers that were the normal fare of my youth.

Reply to
alan_m

I recently reported a problem in the road round the corner. One of the concrete slab surfaces. The end of one slab had sunk in the middle, leaving a 5cm 'step' that tapered to nothing at the end of the join. There is a sewer pipe running along under there.

I reported it because (apart from anything else) the sewer is probably damaged, and may actually have collapsed, causing the subsidence.

I reported it, and they fixed it very promptly.

By shovelling tarmac into the dip.

Tory council.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Isn't communion wine watered down? The priest has to consumed half the bottle before the service to make way for the water.

Reply to
alan_m

and the wine lake

Reply to
alan_m

For many the EU was unimportant and most people are just getting on with their lives.

Reply to
alan_m

I was responding to 'all could find', which I assume in your rabid haste was meant to be 'all he could find' Clearly he found many more, As anyone with just a moments thought can.

The only person bigoted enough to claim there are none, is you, and if there were no EU inspired laws, what the *f*ck* was the point of their huge utterances of directives and regulations?

"Nowadays, the EU approves on average 80 directives, 1200 regulations and 700 decisions per year"

The Natural Philosopher

I thought that was the "New Forest" repair :-)

Lorry drives along with workman sitting on tailboard. Driver sees pothole and slows so that lorry is at walking pace when pothole lines up with rear of lorry. Workman jumps off, tips shovel full of Tarmac in pothole, whacks it with back of shovel, jumps back on lorry.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Ah, yes, the nomenclature maze.

I was specifically referring to wine made with grapes grown in England, in England.

However with the oncoming removal of any meaningful food labelling, who knows what delights are yet to be discovered.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

You been snorting that australian dehydrated whiskey up your arse again, you've been told that it gives you brain damage before.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I thought the Australian dehydrated whiskey was what you got *after* it had been up the arse ;-)

Reply to
NY

and use horse fat witha bit of ox fat to fry them in.

Reply to
whisky-dave

It's worth noting that it's taken a century, but apparently US craft beers are gaining ground rapidly. At one time every town had their own brewery, so the variety must have been quite wide.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Drinkers getting fed up with.....

alan_m

Communion wine is 15% alcohol to kill the bugs on the communal chalice. After the ceremony, the priest has to consume any left over (hic!), and eat any wafers left, to prevent them from being used in a Satanic Black Mass. (There's a way to put the wafers where the Sun doesn't shine that I shall leave to your imagination.)

Reply to
Max Demian

It would probably need to be something like 70% alcohol.

Reply to
alan_m