Bending 22m copper - annealing?

Not plumbing, but coving ...

I made a mental note that I needed to cut the final mitre "the other way" from the previous cut, then offering it up and realising I meant "the other, other way" and having to go buy an extra length.

Reply to
Andy Burns

LoL...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Done that too :-o

Here's a tip if fixing Gyproc coving - use Gyproc Lite - paper covered polystyrene. Same look, same profile, 1/5 weight :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I agree - I did some really weird compound bends under the bath which took 3 goes. But the result was worth it.

But for all the current stuff, the easy way has a lot going for it!

And over the stairs, it's going to be a yorkshire fitting as it's enough to heat and hold heatmats whilst leaning over slightly. Trying to fiddle with a reel of solder seems a bad idea!

I did that once too :)

Anyway - I learnt something... I *can* do lots of things but I probably shouldn't ;->

So I have no shame in saying ahead of time the CH install will be contracted out!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Fully intend to for the next lot, surprised that few places seem to stock it though (that, or supercove).

Reply to
Andy Burns

B&Q and Jewson last time I looked.

B&Q hide it the other end of the store to the other "plastic" coving though - IIRC you are likely to find it near the plaster coving. It's not intuitive...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Try putting a bend into 22 mm less than 18" from the end of the pipe. It was using a spring and having to "cut the ends off" that made me decide a pipe bender would be a good investment.

It's also very satisfying to get a sequence of bends of different angles and planes into a bit of pipe and in the right places. Pity my best example is hidden behind the bath panel...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes, I did point that out further down the thread.

Especially at today's prices ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It is indeed. But the sort of thing you either enjoy or hate doing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)