Well, sometimes you have to see it for real to know it looks crap

Working out how to take the water main through the ceiling, been testing some dry-fitted pipes:

Wrong:

Better:

"Wrong" seemed like a good idea - until I tried it...

Why so far forward? Well:

(Above same pipe)

It has to come forward of the under roof insulation and also miss the cable tray. I plan to form a 51 degree (roof pitch) bend and drop it down from the top. It will be soldered from the kitchen below...

I can probably pull it back a little towards the wall - maybe 30mm but no more...

Reply to
Tim Watts

And this will be the route over the stairs - strapped to the purlin. Even this is non trivial - need 45 degree bends both ends to miss structural timbers behind each side wall...

Tim Watts

Could you not have brought it down in a corner and boxed it in? Looks, um, a bit naff if functional.

Tim

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In a word:

No.

To go in the corner would require it crossing the site of a radiator and coming up next to a CU (ie heavy concentration of cabling). It could go

6" left and be tight against a cupboard, but to be honest, I don;t want a visit from the f*ck-up fairy if for some reason the cupboard needs to come slightly to the right - and there will be cornice on top of the cupboard.

So I decided to leave plenty of room as adjusting this pipe after the fact will be impossible.

It might get a small box popped around it - or just painted. Really, pipes on walls don't bother me in the slightest. I actually prefer my plumbing where I can see it :)

The rads are all going to get done in the same way and they can't go up in the corners (well house corners anyway as there are some big arsed lumps of wood across all the corners.

In *this* house, you run stuff where you can, not where you want :_>

Reply to
Tim Watts