How to know if you have 25 psi

I probably do as the pressure gets the water up to the 3rd floor with no problems. Center city Philadelphia. I guess it is ok. How about this Gerber, worth trying?

joevan

Why do you need pressure-assist if you have adequate pressure? The noise from some pressure-assisted toilets is quite loud.

Toto has probably the best toilet reputation. I find even their low volume tank toilets work just fine.

RicodJour

Not unless you're referring to those $3,000 computerized toilets that are common in Japan.

Here's Consumer Reports' 8/2009 evaluation:

Out of 19 single-flush units tested, the best Toto ranked #9 (great for flushing solids, average for liquids), the other Toto, #15 (great for solids, awful for liquids).

The top 8 flushed both solids and liquids great:

American Standard Champion 4 2002.014 Kohler The Complete Solution Cimarr=F3n K-n456 Kohler Highline Comfort Height K-3493 Gerber Avalanche 21-817 Gerber Ultra Flush 21-318 American Standard Flowise Cadet 3 2403.128 Gerber Ultra Flush 21-302 8 American Standard Cadet 2366.100

Also the #13 ranked toilet flushed just as well as the best, and like its #6 cousin it used only 1.28 gallons per flush:

American Standard FloWise Cadet 3 2835.128

However both of those American Standard FloWise Cadet 3 toilets were only average at cleaning the bowl, while all the others mentioned above, including the Totos, were above average in that respect.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

25PSI? In our city every house has water meter, pressure gauge and regulator. Our house has static 60PSI typical.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi,

Thanks, makes sense.

Reply to
joevan

Look around the neighborhood for the water tower supplying your street. Most water distribution systems depends on gravity for the resulting pressure. The formula is 0.433 x height of tower = p.s.i. A tape measure, angle deducer, and trigonometry will easily give up the height of the tower.

So a water tank of 115 feet will yield a water pressure of 50 psi at street level. Assuming you have such a tower in your neighborhood, on the third floor, you'll have to subtract 25' of head (2.5 stories x 10' each). That yields:

(115 - 25) x 0.433 = 39 psi.

Alternatively, for the third floor, subtract about 11 psi from the street level pressure (25 x 0.433).

Reply to
HeyBub

Or trot down to a hardware store and get a cheap pressure gauge with a rubber nose that you hold on a faucet.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

That will certainly avoid the math (Maths is hard), but lacking sufficient skills in trigonometry, how's he going to count his change at the hardware store?

Reply to
HeyBub