Copper pipe - seam???

Never noticed before, but some pipe from my 3 year old stock (BES sourced IIRC) shows what looks like a seam:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwatts/15438951939/sizes/l
Curious... I *thought* copper pipe was drawn. Is that a welding seam or just a mark from drawing.
Anyone au-fait with pipe manufacturing?
On 25/10/2014 20:14, Tim Watts wrote:

That just looks like a scratch to me. Is it visible on the inside?

I assumed it was extruded then drawn to final size.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 25/10/14 21:28, John Rumm wrote:

Dunno - I'll have a look tomorrow when I demount it to hole drill the ceiling... Must be a manufacturing scratch though, because it is absolutely regular and perfectly straight. Although this is my "stock" that have been lying around for years, they have been stored nicely in a box in the corner of a cupboard so I'm pretty sure I didn't cause it...
Better check it in case it might impact the seal on a compression fitting as there's one going on the bottom end). Got several lenghts - could relegate this to an all soldered section.

Me too...
As I say, pretty sure BES supplied so it should not be some dodgey crap from some dodgey manufacturer. Although another pipe did have some noticeable pitting, but that could have been really old stuff left over from the previous stock.
On 25/10/14 21:28, John Rumm wrote:

Not that I can see - there are various "pencil lines" running longtitudinally - must be just die marks I guess.
The long mark turns out to be 2' long - so yes, must be a manufacturing scratch. It should miss the compression joint so I'll use that as is...