Beco fridge recall

Has anyone else heard the radio advert currently airing in Classic FM and possibly other stations too?

It starts off with general advice to turn the thermostat down in hot weather, I don't think they are suggesting it will make the appliance less likely to spontaneously combust. But is it good or correct advice? My Boch fridge keeps itself at the set temperature summer and winter without adjustment. Are Beco thermostats inferior? (Rhetorical).

Then the ad goes on, in a very non urgent and ineffective way, to remind their listener about the ongoing product recall.

Reply to
Graham.

It's bollix. What do they mean by "turn the stat down"? anyway? Lower cabinet temperature or higher?

Reply to
harryagain

What ongoing product recall? And who is Beco anyway? Oh, you mean Beko.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Toby

Bimetal thermostats regulate the temp of the chiller plate rather than the interior. In hot weather when indoor temp rises, interior temp rises a bit too

NT

Reply to
meow2222